Round Valley, NJ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone ever dove the lake at Round Valley recreation area in northern Hunterdon County, NJ? I've seen a reference or two to the lake, and saw that you can dive it with a permit. It's big, deep (to 180'), and the water is apparently pretty clean.

Any insights?

bump?!

I found this link but I would still like some opions of someone who has actually dived there...

I hear there is a farmhouse and some other structures there but they are like 180ft. I have never dived there personally, but have heard of a few that have.

XJae once bubbled...
Your first link is dead and the second doesn't tell me anything about what the diving is like.

Have you been there? How was it in comparison to Dutch Springs?

I'm interested in finding out more about this place too--maybe someone who's actually been there will show up on this thread and let us know how it is.

mwilding once bubbled...
Your first link is dead and the second doesn't tell me anything about what the diving is like.

Have you been there? How was it in comparison to Dutch Springs?
that's too bad, that was a good link to a trip report on rodales.
arial maps before it was flooded and directions to a few old buildings and roadways.
the second was just for directions and fees.

do a search there's threads out there.

as i said, i haven't been there.
actually, i haven't been diving there, i ride right by it all the time,
there are some excellent roads out that way.

I live near there let me know if you ever find if there is anything there to see. I have herd of people diving there before. Also must be packed with fishing lures and string.

Jason@programmergeek.com

XJae once bubbled...
that's too bad, that was a good link to a trip report on rodales.
arial maps before it was flooded and directions to a few old buildings and roadways.
the second was just for directions and fees.

do a search there's threads out there.

as i said, i haven't been there.
actually, i haven't been diving there, i ride right by it all the time,
there are some excellent roads out that way.
http://dive.scubadiving.com/members/tripreports.php?s=1632

(if you have any bookmarks or links to that site, you need to change the www to dive)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom