Rolock 90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Should the large O rings that fit in the channels on the suit side be lubed or not prior to seating? Mine didn't come installed so am curious.

Should the large O rings that fit in the channels on the suit side be lubed or not prior to seating? Mine didn't come installed so am curious.

If you are refering to the thin but large diameter o-rings that are in the faces (ends) of the cuff-rings, then they should be lightly lubed like most other o-rings for diving...so that they are shiny without any excess grease lingering. Any excess grease will attract dirt/sand/debris which could affect the ability of the system to seal, and/or cause damage.

If you are refering to a different o-ring(s), then please be more descript so we can better advise.

-Z

If you are refering to the thin but large diameter o-rings that are in the faces (ends) of the cuff-rings, then they should be lightly lubed like most other o-rings for diving...so that they are shiny without any excess grease lingering. Any excess grease will attract dirt/sand/debris which could affect the ability of the system to seal, and/or cause damage.

If you are refering to a different o-ring(s), then please be more descript so we can better advise.

-Z
Thanks. I was referring to the large diameter o-rings on the cuffs. I thought maybe they shouldn't be lubed prior to seating so they are locked in pretty good. I saw they show lubing the glove side flat part so that it slides easily over those o-rings.

At least until I get really used to these rings, added some visual cues that I can actually see in low light/viz conditions... not just in the water but also when kitting up night diving...

View attachment 835814
I can't really be sure from this photo, but I think you have rigged this wrong. You want glove to be lined up with L position , that way you can't accidentally twist your wrist enough to open it.

I can't really be sure from this photo, but I think you have rigged this wrong. You want glove to be lined up with L position , that way you can't accidentally twist your wrist enough to open it.
Good eye, but it's just the way the glove was laying that makes it appear the lock position is too far to the inside of the arm and over the 1st finger. In actuality, the locked position I have is directly across from the suit seam (seam is on the underside of the sleeve) and aligns with my middle finger per the Rolock installation guide. The open position is supposed to be to the far outside of each arm, which mine is. I changed the photo with hopefully a better representation of the alignment.

You'll just spin each wrist (right to right, left to left) until it clicks in. Then spin it the opposite way. I don't even look at them.

Also, I don't usually close mine all the way. Probably like 80-90%. Never had an issue.
The "O" and "L" paint markings are probably overkill and I'll likely wipe them off after a few more dives. I do like having the paint in all the alignment dots at a minimum. My eyesight isn't great and even more difficult if/when in dark conditions.

The "O" and "L" paint markings are probably overkill and I'll likely wipe them off after a few more dives. I do like having the paint in all the alignment dots at a minimum. My eyesight isn't great and even more difficult if/when in dark conditions.
I hear radium glows just nice in dark? Just don't lick it! :crafty::eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom