Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoneer:
Even though I was the one that invented the Lake Effect Divers club name, I'm no longer in the region. Not sure if any of you knew this or not - I graduated from RIT last spring and now I'm in Florida.

Congratulations!! :D

Doing much diving there??
Where in Florida?? Maybe we'll all come visit!! :wink:

yukoneer:
Even though I was the one that invented the Lake Effect Divers club name, I'm no longer in the region. Not sure if any of you knew this or not - I graduated from RIT last spring and now I'm in Florida.

Of course I know you lucky dog you.....

How's that light been working? I felt really bad about it being flooded, that's why I just gave it to you.

Tavi:
Congratulations!! :D

Doing much diving there??
Where in Florida?? Maybe we'll all come visit!! :wink:

Not diving as much as I would like. I don't dive without Jackie and she's still at RIT till this spring. When she moves in with me in June, you betcha we'll be diving often!!:D

I'm in the Tampa area. My parents also live in FL, north of where I am, they live 20 minutes away from Blue Grotto & Devil's Den. My dad's getting back into diving - he hasn't dove for over 20 years.

One thing that sucks about the Tampa area - not many shore diving spots :( have to get on a boat. There's a lot of springs and caves in the area though, maybe I'll get cave certified someday.

Derek S:
Of course I know you lucky dog you.....

How's that light been working? I felt really bad about it being flooded, that's why I just gave it to you.

The light's still working!! I still have it. The chrome on the LED reflector is still peeling away though, I'm not too concerned about it since it still shines. I'll never sell it, knowing that you gave it to me (even though I offered to pay a bit). Again, thanks for the light.

Derek - where's that wreck on the pics in your gallery?

yukoneer:
The light's still working!! I still have it. The chrome on the LED reflector is still peeling away though, I'm not too concerned about it since it still shines. I'll never sell it, knowing that you gave it to me (even though I offered to pay a bit). Again, thanks for the light.

Derek - where's that wreck on the pics in your gallery?

That's great to hear! You can probably get a replacement for cheap. No problem, I wasn't going to use it anymore, I couldn't see it going to waste.

Grand Bahama, October 2005. I need to upload some from the 2006 trip. :14:

Not cheap to replace. To replace reflector, have to replace entire LED unit. I know, it's stupid. The reflector is attached to the LED module. $50+.

Grand Bahama sounds fun. Jackie and I went to Bonaire Aug '06 and we're planning to go to Bonaire again this June

yukoneer:
Not cheap to replace. To replace reflector, have to replace entire LED unit. I know, it's stupid. The reflector is attached to the LED module. $50+.

Grand Bahama sounds fun. Jackie and I went to Bonaire Aug '06 and we're planning to go to Bonaire again this June

Jeez-a-wiz, I don't think I paid more than $15 more for the whole light from Scubatoys! :shakehead

It's a blast. Especially when you've got great people to share it with. My dive buddy is "teh bestest"! :14:

I am Jackie, I was a member of LED club but I am no longer in it since I don't have any gears with me as they are at home or at Yukoneer's (Matt's) place. This quarter will be my last before graduation. I hope yall will find a local dive site somewhere closer! Good luck!

Hi all, I hope to join you all for some diving in the future. Just waiting to complete my open water checkout dives to get certified and I don't want to be just a warm weather diver. I want to check out some of the local areas.

Dean

DeanSmith:
Hi all, I hope to join you all for some diving in the future. Just waiting to complete my open water checkout dives to get certified and I don't want to be just a warm weather diver. I want to check out some of the local areas.

Dean

Hi Dean,

Welcome!!

Where are you located??

Who are you training with??

I live in East Rochester, I finished my pool and classwork training about two months ago with Picses down the street from me. Greg Paul was my instructor. He is looking to put together a trip for people to do their open water checkout and just to dive someplace warm. If that doesn't work out I will most likely take a vacation down to Florida to finish up.
The St. Lawrence livaboard sounds interesting I will have to keep an eye out for more information.

Stay Wet. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom