Roll call: Any old NASDS divers out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:mooner:Hey out there I went through Bill Walters class in Whittier, Deep water at Horse Pastures near Huntington Beach, Ca zero visability, and I remember my buddy could only clear his ears by puking, sure did attract the fish.
I dove Cancun Mex and Red Sea Israel 2007 no boat needed walked intto 16 feet of cyrstal clear water and saw more species of fish.......this was my high point dive.

Im 56 now and am a liveaboard my 52 ft Cat

Safe diving to all
Jim

My brother and I were NASDS certified by the shop in Whittier California in 1967 which is when they first went with NASDS. We had never heard of it and assumed they would go with either LA County or YMCA. The pool had a window in it so people could observe the classes. We used the New Science of Skin and Scuba Diving as the book.

CERTIFICATION:
I was certified at the NASDS College in San Diego Calif. IN 1978. My Instructor card is OWICP391.

EXPERIENCE:
I love to dive. Even though I am no longer teaching, diving and snorkeling is fun.
Oh yes, my card has not deteriorated over time....I must be the only one!

1) San Diego, California - at the NASDS College in 1978
2) Michigan - Taught at "Aqua Scuba " taught 120 students at Culver Military Academy, Taught a class at Andrews University
Dives include the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Gulf of Mexico and various Rock Quarries, Rivers and Lakes in MI, KY, AL, FL.

CURRENT:
Doing Commercial Photography and about to branch out into Cinematography.
Would love to hear about Tony Zimos, Richard Hammas, and others from my class in 1978.
fedge21@hotmail.com

NASDS College Winter '79

Taught at Anchor Shack in Pacheco, Ca. until '81. I'm glad to see so many of us still remember NASDS and the "Red Book." ...and yes my card is also still intact! I have old photos of Tony, Richard, and Tom Wilson.

NASDS College Winter '79

Taught at Anchor Shack in Pacheco, Ca. until '81. I'm glad to see so many of us still remember NASDS and the "Red Book." ...and yes my card is also still intact! I have old photos of Tony, Richard, and Tom Wilson.

I still use my card...never did get the one from SSI. Just came back from Utila and I had to explain about my certification since they had never heard of NASDS. 😹🐳

---------- Post added October 26th, 2015 at 05:55 PM ----------

Glad my card has not deteriorated since it's the only c card I have and use!!

Just curious if there is any of us left
Hi... I was certified NASDS in 1969. OWI 1111 in 1974 Seattle Clinic. Taught eventually at San Diego Divers Supply. Zimos & I worked the NASDS college from 1983 to 1986 together. He told me what to do... no surprise there, right? Last dive I did was in Gaansbai, South Africa in 2010 with GW Sharks.

NASDS College Winter '79

Hi... I was certified NASDS in 1969. OWI 1111 in 1974 Seattle Clinic. Taught eventually at San Diego Divers Supply. Zimos & I worked the NASDS college from 1983 to 1986 together. He told me what to do... no surprise there, right? Last dive I did was in Gaansbai, South Africa in 2010 with GW Sharks.

Even though you started this thread over 10 years ago, it deserves a response. I got my Basic Diver certification with NAUI in March,1969, and Open Water certification later that year with NASDS. I lived on the Gulf Coast and dived wrecks and oil rigs for a couple of years then moved to the Midwest. Just thinking of getting back into diving before I reach the end of the road...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom