Rockport Welcome Divers Signs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will say I’m a bit annoyed by these signs. Whoever posts them probably means well, but the message is a bit patronizing. Try to replace “divers” with any other supposedly marginalized group, and see how that works out.
The signs are quite charming. The locals came out in support of divers because they didn’t think divers should be excluded from using public access to the water.

I disagree: he absolutely should declare himself a vexatious litigant. And the sooner, the better!

I will say I’m a bit annoyed by these signs. Whoever posts them probably means well, but the message is a bit patronizing. Try to replace “divers” with any other supposedly marginalized group, and see how that works out.

Except divers aren't a marginalized group.

So all silliness aside, there seems to be one or two troublemakers who actively call the police. Don't engage, smile and nod and keep doing your thing, the police show up? Be polite, have a chat with them, they want to be doing more important things as much as you want to be diving.

So all silliness aside, there seems to be one or two troublemakers who actively call the police. Don't engage, smile and nod and keep doing your thing, the police show up? Be polite, have a chat with them, they want to be doing more important things as much as you want to be diving.

That's why I wrote "supposedly". I don't know if there are any groups that ARE truly marginalized, but that's besides the point.

I agree with the second part of your statement, that's precisely what I do.

I had one ask me water temp over the winter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom