Rockport Welcome Divers Signs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spchampion

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was in Rockport this weekend and saw a number of houses with red signs that said something to the effect of "All are welcome including divers." I assumed they were meant to signal opposition to the Back Beach lawsuits, but I wasn't sure. Does anyone have more info on the signs?

I was in Rockport this weekend and saw a number of houses with red signs that said something to the effect of "All are welcome including divers." I assumed they were meant to signal opposition to the Back Beach lawsuits, but I wasn't sure. Does anyone have more info on the signs?

I've seen them today too! At first, I thought it was one of those open-house signs :D

They are about the back beach lawsuit. We talked to a couple of residents when we dove OGB Sunday. Apparently, the the suit is over and the divers won. I think the divers dumping the whale carcass on the beach was the master stroke...

Just took a look at the Court docket (Fed case). Case is technically still pending with some claims surviving the Town's Mtn To Dismiss. A copy of the Court's decision on the Mtn To Dismiss attached. From a very quick skim, it appears that those claims that sought to prohibit scuba diving were dismissed and what remains are claims against the Town for its conduct in response to Plaintiffs' complaints about the scuba diving. Whether the Plaintiffs can amend and replead the dismissed counts not clear.

Attachments

• Back Beach Memo Mtn Dismiss.pdf
    155.8 KB · Views: 142
They are about the back beach lawsuit. We talked to a couple of residents when we dove OGB Sunday. Apparently, the the suit is over and the divers won. I think the divers dumping the whale carcass on the beach was the master stroke...

Whale carcass on the beach?

Whale carcass on the beach?

Yup at one of the more popular dive sites. I avoided it but I heard it smelled pretty bad.

@spchampion yes the signs are the majority of the residents showing that they don't agree with what the couple of aholes are doing.

As for the lawsuit I guarantee we haven't heard the last from the guy who wants his private beach, been doing this kind of stuff since I started in 2008.

As for the lawsuit I guarantee we haven't heard the last from the guy who wants his private beach, been doing this kind of stuff since I started in 2008.
That guy should take care not to be declared a vexatious litigant. Although, it would be pretty funny to everyone else.

I will say I’m a bit annoyed by these signs. Whoever posts them probably means well, but the message is a bit patronizing. Try to replace “divers” with any other supposedly marginalized group, and see how that works out.

I will say I’m a bit annoyed by these signs. Whoever posts them probably means well, but the message is a bit patronizing. Try to replace “divers” with any other supposedly marginalized group, and see how that works out.
I agree.. it's racist against the race of divers. They should be ashamed.

I will disagree here because the ahole in question is specifically targeting divers (for now). The signs are specifically in response to him targeting divers. If he was targeting gay population the signs would say gay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom