RockJock's Homemade Housing and Shark Cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emVl7ciXnUo Here is the link if you want to see the highlights. Let me know what you think as this was my first attempt and video editing. Don't forget to watch it all the way to the end.

very nice! I like how still you were around the sharks. That one was kinda big, huh? That might be "Tom's Friend".

What did wifey think? Makes her want to come out with us?

Did you see the Tiger that I posted? Kurt, the freediver "ol'dirtydiver" posted it on Hawaii Skindiver site. Very Big Shark, with a bite out of his dorsal fin.

Yea, I saw the tiger. Very cool. That would have been a nice one to test the camera out on and my ability to hold it still.

catherine96821:
very nice! I like how still you were around the sharks. That one was kinda big, huh? That might be "Tom's Friend".

Nope, mine was a "he" that might have been his girl though.

Cool video, Lots of sharks.!! What kind of music would you put it with?

Here is some of a baby that I took at Sharks Cove.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1002617854923371680&hl=en

It's still raw, I posted it so I could share it with Nick Whitney. I did adjust the color with some editing software though.

Great DIY project (and video). How much weight does it take to get that housing neutral and do you have it balanced on the handles to your satisfaction yet? Are you shooting with no filter or do you have a URPRO CY filter you can try on it?

Bill51:
Great DIY project (and video). How much weight does it take to get that housing neutral and do you have it balanced on the handles to your satisfaction yet? Are you shooting with no filter or do you have a URPRO CY filter you can try on it?

I put a 3lb weight on it, which puts it right about where I want it, which is about 1/2 lb negative. If I take my hands off it it settles about 10-15 degrees lens down from perfectly level. This is actually just about perfect for most of the filming I did and I don't feel the camera at all, it moves around perfectly. I thougth I was going to have to work with it, but it seems to have come out just about perfectly weighted/balanced.

I don't have any filter for the camera, but would love to try one. I am going to try and get some different red vellums to play with in the meantime until I can find a good filter. That will be a cheaper way to try some different shade filters.

By the way, thanks for the compliments.

onfloat:
Nope, mine was a "he" that might have been his girl though.

Cool video, Lots of sharks.!! What kind of music would you put it with?

Here is some of a baby that I took at Sharks Cove.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1002617854923371680&hl=en

It's still raw, I posted it so I could share it with Nick Whitney. I did adjust the color with some editing software though.

I wanted to put the jaws theme to the shark part, but it just doesn't seem right for such cute little sharks. I was thinking of some of the instrumental music from the LOTR trilogy maybe. I have downloaded some and am listening to different selections.

By the way, what software do you use for color correction? I am new to the whole editing thing with my stills and video and am trying to learn what I can.

Not too original, but there’s always Jimmy Buffett’s “Fins.”

She's takin' care to look for sharks.
They hang out in the local bars,
And they feed right after dark.

Can't you feel 'em circlin', honey?
Can't you feel 'em swimmin' around?
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
And you're the only bait in town.

Bill51:
Not too original, but there’s always Jimmy Buffett’s “Fins.”

I know, I know, but I said I was new to this whole editing thing. I'll check that one out though. Thanks.

rockjock3:
By the way, what software do you use for color correction? I am new to the whole editing thing with my stills and video and am trying to learn what I can.

Right now I'm using ULead Video Studio 10. It's pretty straight forward to use and simple.

Back
Top Bottom