Rockin' Weekend...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbianchi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We should start taking bets how the swell will end up.. im going to already put my money on 10' vis! :wink:

fc_summary.png

The buoy still thinks it'll be 6-9ft swells. I'll be keeping an eye on conditions throughout the week for sure.

Why is CDIP freaking out?

Those are some of the most erratic predictions I've seen this year, and they seem at odds with the buoy forecasts for the weekend:

.SAT...N WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 6 FT.
NW SWELL 5 TO 7 FT.
.SUN...NE WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...BECOMING N 5 TO 10 KT.
WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. NW SWELL 4 TO 6 FT.

I've never really paid much attention to the wind waves, but 3-6 doesn't seem out of line. Is it additive with the swells?

Where do you get this data?

Thanks!
Petar

If you have not seen Chuck's web page bookmark it as it has the sea conditions posted above along with other important info. Make sure to check out the links posted as they will be a great help with our local diving.

Inside the link below of Monterey Conditions is another link for Noaa's website that has the swell forecast also.
Ba_diving Website - Information about Northern California diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom