Rockin' Weekend...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remember that last weeks forecast looked very negative but turned out diveable from both at Break Water and out to Ball Buster...

I will not forget the swells and me not wanting to get off the boat when he said, "okay hold your mask and reg with this hand, now with this other hand hold your inflator hose, okay lean back"...

Are you kidden me? Lean back? I'm going to lose my mask, reg and the BC will not hold me up, let me think this out... It was all psychologicial....

MG

p.s
This was my first boat dive...

Are you kidden me? Lean back? I'm going to lose my mask, reg and the BC will not hold me up, let me think this out... It was all psychologicial....

Haha, Mike just wait until your first giant stride!

Is anyone planning on hitting the water tomorrow? My dive buddy and I actually have the weekend off together miraculously and I'm wondering if anyone thinks it'd be possible to sneak in under the weather tomorrow for an early dive at Macabee or Breakwater around 8 or 9 am? Otherwise, it's looking like a couple dives sunday I guess.

The breakwater is *almost* always diveable. Weather or not you can see anything once you get down is another thing.

My son and I will likely be diving the Breakwater on Sunday morning (early). I sure hope the viz is better than 10'.

BTW - I'm trying to surprise my son with a boat dive for he and I for his birthday weekend. Anyone care to recommend a Monterey based dive boat that would be good for a 14 yr old junior NAUI OW diver?
(His first boat dive, but should have 12+ beach dives in his log by then)

I'm home this weekend - too much work so I'll be hunched over at home most of it. For those brave souls - have a great time!!

BTW - I'm trying to surprise my son with a boat dive for he and I for his birthday weekend. Anyone care to recommend a Monterey based dive boat that would be good for a 14 yr old junior NAUI OW diver?
(His first boat dive, but should have 12+ beach dives in his log by then)

You need to pick the day based on what they have on board. Any of the boats could
have days where they have plans that are over his head (and in some cases yours).
And any of the boats could have days that are your cup of tea. Here's a list of
local dive boats: http://www.garlic.com/~triblet/ba_diving/links/boats.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom