Rockin' Weekend...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.FRI...NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. COMBINED SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.SAT...N WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 6 FT.
NW SWELL 5 TO 7 FT.
.SUN...NE WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...BECOMING N 5 TO 10 KT.
WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. NW SWELL 4 TO 6 FT.

Friday and saturday look windy, improving sunday tho.

.SAT...N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 7 FT. NW SWELL 3 TO 6
FT.
.SUN...N WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. NW SWELL 2 TO 6 FT.

Dunno what models the the guy at NOAA was looking at, but ALL the other models
are about 3x bigger. The good news is no rain in the forecast, so I can get some yard
work and truck work done.

I've made some reservations at the local pool just in case, but I'm honestly baffled by these predictions. I'm still willing to drive down and see for myself, but I'll leave that decision to my buddies.

I have AOW checkout dives this weekend, here's hoping for at least manageable swells. :)

Here it is from a different angle: considering the schizophrenic forecasts for the weekend, is anyone (other than Chuck I guess) deciding to scrub weekend dive plans and just stay home?

Here it is from a different angle: considering the schizophrenic forecasts for the weekend, is anyone (other than Chuck I guess) deciding to scrub weekend dive plans and just stay home?

I haven't decided to scrub yet. I don't do that until the 3pm C&M forecast comes out
the day before. But I do have a backup plan.

Chuck's limits may actually be more limiting than some of you guys... He has to launch his boat and figure if it's going to be worth the gas to motor out.... If you are willing to deal with a little surge and not soo good vis the Breakwater or Macabee might be good enough.

Back
Top Bottom