Rock Lake Diving - Santa Rosa, NM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABQdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A group of the local divers are planning on another diving trip over to Rock Lake, just South of Santa Rosa, NM this coming July 10 & 11.

The plan in the past as been to meet at Blue Hole (most who are in the area know where that is) at 9am both Saturday and Sunday. Have photo copies of your Advanced Diving card and a waiver for the owner of the Aqua Negra Ranch who owns the lake. I can email a doc file of the waiver to whom ever wants to attend. Then motor over to the ranch for the turn over of the waivers, photo copies and the $20 fee per day of diving.

We have been going out every month and will plan on continuing that until further notice. Last month the viz was about 25' or so, with it getting a bit better at depth. There is some very interesting rock formations in the lake as well as the fish and turtle population in the shallower part of the lake. Bring shade, chairs and sunscreen as well as your own filled tanks and something to eat if you'd like.

Anyone up for a interesting dive?

Hey Kevin,
Are you still planning on diving the lake in August?
Let me know, August is filling up fast for me.

Let me know if you make it up to the Denver area. We are going to hit some HIGH MOUNTAIN lakes. I'm diving Jefferson Lake (10K'/160' deep in some spots) this Saturday, it's good viz, but COLD. Dry suit needed cold (55* MAX).....

Greg

Dr. Frankenmule:
Hey Kevin,
Are you still planning on diving the lake in August?
Let me know, August is filling up fast for me.

Let me know if you make it up to the Denver area. We are going to hit some HIGH MOUNTAIN lakes. I'm diving Jefferson Lake (10K'/160' deep in some spots) this Saturday, it's good viz, but COLD. Dry suit needed cold (55* MAX).....

Greg
Hey Greg, just found your reply. I was actually out in Catalina/San Clemente diving (gotta LOVE that) when you wrote.

Yes, we have scheduled the second weekend of August (14 & 15) and September (11 & 12), then the third weekend in October (16 & 17) if your interested.

I would be interested in some Colorado diving at some point. Probably not this summer. I'll have to put that on the agenda for next summer. Thanks for the invite!

I'll put them on my calendar.
I'm not going to make the August stuff, I have too many things that hit me at once....
September sounds good.
Are you doing any deco in Rock?

PS,
Ohhh sure, just rub it in......
I don't get do dive anything considered warm water till March of 05.....

Man, one of these days I'm going to have the training and experience to start nagging you guys to let me in on these reindeer games.

Still just a rookie AOW diver right now though. :(

Just a bump for the old thread!

The group is going out this upcoming weekend; September 11 and 12. (I can only go Sunday). We are also planning the third weekend in October as well.

We meet at Blue hole at 9am. Bring photocopy of your AOW card and be prepared to sign the required waivers.

Greg, you available?

Robert, some of the guys that go do deco dives. I have not gotten that far yet and don't. All mine are within the NDL. Come, you will enjoy the diversity of Rock Lake.

Kevin,

My wife and I just got back last week from a short cruise where we were able to dive in Fort Lauderdale, Key West, and Cozumel. We've got another trip planned to Cancun for a week where diving is the priority. That starts 30 October.

While I'd love to get down there this weekend, I just don't think I can make it. On the other hand, the third weekend in October sounds like a winner to me, depending on the almighty dollar.

My wife now has her first five dives under her belt. On the bright side, she's gone from "I don't know why you always talk me into these things" to "I want to go diving again". I think the bug has finally got into her. This bodes well for our joining you.

Wijbrandus:
Kevin,

My wife now has her first five dives under her belt. On the bright side, she's gone from "I don't know why you always talk me into these things" to "I want to go diving again". I think the bug has finally got into her. This bodes well for our joining you.
Now THAT is great news! A willing accomplice is always desired! :wink:

Hey all,
I'm not sure what I am going to be doing the next few months. I'm on the verge of signing the papers to become an SSI Dive Con. If that happens, time is going to get shorter. As it is, I have been in Kansas working three times in the past month and a half. I just got back tonight. I do have the date on my palm, I just saw it a minute ago. There is still hope for October......
Greg

PS, if any of you have never dove Jefferson Res here is Colorado, you have to. It gets deep fast, but there is some cool areas to dive and great viz for up here (30' @ 40' dwn). I found out it was a very old rock quarry that filled in. Thus the 165'+ depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom