Rock Boots Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djcheburashka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi. I was using the Hollis rock boots for a season and a half, and I liked the way they felt (mostly) but they started to fall apart at the end of last season. Can someone recommend a replacement?

I'm looking for a boot that won't be too restrictive of using my ankles to fin, but does give me some stability when walking on a boat deck, or down a rocky slope, while wearing doubles and a stage.

I really, really liked the Whites boots that I got with my Fusion . . . but they didn't fit me. My husband is still using them. They are light but seem to be quite sturdy, with a good sole and good ankle support. They dry pretty quickly. If you have a man's feet, I think you'd be hard put to find nicer boots. They don't fit narrow heels well.

Why not try regular wet suit boots with hard soles. They are made to be in the water and won't fall apart that easily. Get a size larger than you normally do and they should fit over your dry suit socks.

Check out the Bare boots. A lot of people seem to like them more than DUI rock boots

You can't go wrong with Whites EVO3 Boots. Dive with the same pair of boots since 2005 (avr 80 dives/years) and still rock'n ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom