rock boots or turbo soles for CF200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gerry9713:
how do you keep your fins on w/ tubo soles while inverted? w/o duct tape. i had tubo soles but kept loosing fins and now have rock boots.

With Fin Keepers. Actually I also make it a practice to NOT be inverted. :)

-Chris

cool ill look to find some. lobsters hide under rocks and inverted sometimes happens. maine lobster 33lbs last year. thanks again

CALI68:
With Fin Keepers. Actually I also make it a practice to NOT be inverted. :)

-Chris

Normally not. However, I take lots of underwater photographs while hovering very close to the bottom. I bend my knees to keep my fin tips from dragging. You see where this is leading.... (whooops) :11:

I have a FLX 50/50 with turbo soles. I'm going to try gaiters like the dive rite or halcyon, but I don't want to restrict circulation to my feet. However I also like the "jammies" feeling of neoprene socks. If I switch to socks, I'll probably go with the Bare shoes instead of DUI. Rock boots look like a canvas basketball shoe similar to Converse all stars or some such. BARE's shoe look like a cross trainer but weight about the same.

Seperate shoes are one more thing to mess with if you don't have to. They can trap sand and other stuff against your sock, abrading the material and causing a leak in it. I'd like to have the option, one way or the other. Hey DUI! How about zip boots? You heard it here first. Send me those royalty payments in new gear, OK? :D

I have the Rock boots. Found them troublesome at first but rapidly got accustomed to them. Now I wouldn't go back to integrated boots. I mostly do shore diving in lakes but some boat dives too so they are good for both. I like the fact that they fit your feet perfectly and that you have an excellent support and durability.

for my southern dives, forget the drysuit anyway, i use a shorty with full foot fins :05:

Cant compare with turbo soles though cause I never used them but I'm very happy with the rockboots.

Back
Top Bottom