Roatan Photos, Part 3 (Scorpionfish and my best photo ever)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That first pic blows me away! Very very nice!!!

havnmonkey:
Sweet... what site were they on? I was at FIBR last month. No frogfish. No scorpionfish. A few seahorses. One fleeting eagle ray. But I had a good time!

It's not the dive site, it's the Dive Master. You can either find them for yourself (hard to do), or follow a dedicated DM.

FIBR goes to many of the same dive sites as he did at CoCoView. CCV goes to a couple of others, further East. It's all in the finding- it's all there.

Great stuff.

AUTiger:
Here are a couple of scorpionfish from Roatan. I think that this first photo might be my one of my best, ever. The full sized photo is much sharper. I love the colors and the composition. I'd be happy to hear any suggestions on how I could have improved it.
Thanks for the comments on my past posts from the trip.

David

Gear:

Camera: Olympus C-5060WZ
Macro Lense: Inon UCL-165
Housing: Ikelite
Strobe: Ikelite DS-125 with TTL

Awesome pics.

Just how close is safe with those guys?

Jcsgt:
Just how close is safe with those guys?

Do not step on or lay a hand atop them. You'll be fine.

Wow, that first shot is money! I find bringing out the color in scorpion fish so dang hard as they tend to blend in so well with their surrounding.

Beautiful shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom