Road trip to Belize.........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, yall bring beer, I'll bring the AK-47s so there's no worry about Mexican bandits or jaguars.

Timeliner and I got together today for a bit of diving and trek planning,,, we worked out some of the finer details....'Oh My' this is going to be a hoot!

thought we would check in...............

Well as planned ... I left out early from Paris this morning at about 3:00 AM and made it into Arlington before dawn to pick up Texdiveguy standing under the street light on the corner near his house on Vidalia Dr.
From a distance I could see him there standing with his backpack on and bags out in the rain and he looked sorta like a little school boy. Then this big kid from the neighborhood showed up. I skidded to a stop just as the punk walk out of the dark telling Alan to give him his lunch money. We both shook our heads and sorta felt sorry for the confused young lad. :shakehead: I tossed the kid a couple of freshly siliconed High Pressure Hose "O" Rings and said to, "try them on", and he stopped dead in his tracks and proceeded to do just that. Once he got them on We just left him to deal with his predickament and grabbed high gear headed south towards Mexico.

'Nothing much to report so far. We got across the border ok at Laredo just about an hour ago.
Laredo1.jpg

We found,,, or actually just came across a rare wireless hot spot so this may be the last you hear from us for awhile. The rain along the way slowed us down but I guess that will be just the norm from now on out. In Paris we have what is called the 'Rush Minute"
In most places that is called the " Rush Hour "
In Mexico it's called "Es Todo" , I think in English that translates to, " all of it " :D
We may just call it a day......
Ya'll have fun !!

Laredo.jpg

( Caution... some of this may not acrtually be factual but you just never can tell :wink: )

We are So wired from the start of the adventure....the wet from the rain this morning finally dried off me...course the Tx/Mx border would dry anyone.
I am still ragreting in a way that freakin fish taco I picked up off a street vendor....Timeliner TOLD me NO don't eat it!
The snap of those 'giveme' hats was a great deal....we took him for a few nice ones with the mesh fronts--cooler you know.
Hope we make some distance through the dark of night.....man it is so dark down here. Later.......:D

Frank and Alan are officially off my Christmas card list. I was waiting beside my curb this morning also.

I saw you two drive by....and you kept on driving.

I had already quit my job, said goodbye to my friends and family and given away my bright yellow Twin Jets.

Just great.

Arrived on the last flight in to BZE this evening. Those guys won't be here for a couple of days so that gives me some time to sample the local fare, as it were... Now was it Pelikan or Belikan? Oh forget it. I'll have a Lighthouse...or the rum is really cheap. Hmmmmm, decisions, decisions. Hey, she's cute!

Watch out for those NRA oops I mean PRA activists around Veracruz and of course stay away from any form of fish tacos in Old Mex.

I was thinking that a great road trip might be a fine way to just throw care to the wind and cast aside everything we had ever hoped and dreamed would become of our lives.
I myself want to have at least one more renegade experience in my life and I bet ,,, secretly ,,, there are some of you that feel the same way .
Texas to Belize and back ~~~ 31 days~~~~

8<

So what do you say ? Is it a deal ?

( offered up as just a fun fantasy but you never can tell )

Frank, I would definitely take a month off for that trip. And Im not kidding. My wife lived in Belize for 4 years and I have been trying to get her to take me since we got married, but I still havent been. I'll show her!

Willie

Man my head hurts! Maybe some beans and rice. No more rum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom