Rivtow Lion Sinking Sunday 2/6/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curt McNamee

Contributor
Reaction score
The 152' Ocean going WWII tug will be sunk in the Nanaimo Harbor, BC this coming Sunday at apx 12:00 Noon. It will be a great wreck to dive. I visited the tug with Terry that works for Ocean Explores Diving and found that the engine room still has an engine in it. For more information, you can visit their website at:
www.oceanexplorersdiving.com. I just came back from a weekend of diving the wrecks and walls with OEX. Had a great time on their big boat "Christy Bay". The visibility was over 100' and the weather was great. Ian, the owner of OEX has been instrumental in getting the Rivtow ready to sink. Give OEX a try, I highly recommend them.

Sincerely,

Curt

I'm going up there the end of the month to dive with Ian. Lookin forward to checkin out the new toys, and 100' visibility. Now I don't even want to dive around here. The "good visibility that we had today just pales in comparison. Oh Anything else to do in Nanaimo?
Curt McNamee:
The 152' Ocean going WWII tug will be sunk in the Nanaimo Harbor, BC this coming Sunday at apx 12:00 Noon. It will be a great wreck to dive. I visited the tug with Terry that works for Ocean Explores Diving and found that the engine room still has an engine in it. For more information, you can visit their website at:
www.oceanexplorersdiving.com. I just came back from a weekend of diving the wrecks and walls with OEX. Had a great time on their big boat "Christy Bay". The visibility was over 100' and the weather was great. Ian, the owner of OEX has been instrumental in getting the Rivtow ready to sink. Give OEX a try, I highly recommend them.

Sincerely,

Curt

BTW - OEX and me (OE2X) are not the same. The actions by OE2X are neither sanctioned or condoned by OEX. Any similarity or physical likeness is just not so. :eyebrow:

Hey I can't wait to check out the tug. Sounds pretty cool.

swankenstein:
Strip clubs, biker bars
Cool...a fine way to spend a SI

The time it sank was 11:40, I was the one running the pump from the skiff while Ken's son was operating the boat. I was diving with Divers Choice Charters Saturday and Sunday. I asked Ken if he needed help getting the extra hoses off the tug before it went down.
I'm glag I did becouse I got to see her up close before she sunk and I had a hand in its last hr or so. this was my 3rd trip to Canada for diving and my second time being involved in a ship sinking.
At least this one was planned.
Diving keeps getting better and better for me.
I will never forget this day.
John

Curt McNamee:

Sincerely,

Curt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom