Ripped Off By Lds?????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alemaozinho

Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone of you(Divers/Customers) ever felt being ripped off by your Local Dive Store and found out later ,that your deal really wasnt a good one?Paid way too much because scuba was written on it,or else.(Gear purchase,rentals,boat trips,ect.)Please tell me all your negative issues you,ve had with your local dive store and how you dealed with it!!!Thanks for replies!!!Peace

I did my research and basically interviewed the guys at the shop after carefully do this I choose a dive shop. I may have paid a little more for some of my equipment in comparison to what I could buy it off of the internet. However the guys at the shop have to make a living as well, and as long as they keep the profit and the service a fair amount to me, I am happy with them. Even though I can buy the same Cobra off the internet for 559 instead of 750, I stick with the guys at the shop because they have been a great source of imformation and help. Besides what kind of SERVICE do I get from webpages? Nada. Zilch, I have however been ripped off by some diveshops in other areas, they weren't my local shop though.

My ultimate responce would be always do some thorough research before dealing with anyone.

alemaozinho:
Did anyone of you(Divers/Customers) ever felt being ripped off by your Local Dive Store and found out later ,that your deal really wasnt a good one?Paid way too much because scuba was written on it,or else.(Gear purchase,rentals,boat trips,ect.)Please tell me all your negative issues you,ve had with your local dive store and how you dealed with it!!!Thanks for replies!!!Peace
I bought a second stage from an LDS and then checked the manufacturers website and found out he charged me 40% over suggested retail. I informed the manufacturer and never went there again. The store went out of business a couple of months ago...go figure.

Another one? Its called staying in business, and finding out what you're paying and why before you buy it.

Boring.

James Goddard:
I bought a second stage from an LDS and then checked the manufacturers website and found out he charged me 40% over suggested retail.

Wow, now this is B.A.D. bad. Its one thing charging retail but over retail by 40%?

Unbelievable! :11:

Who hasn't...

hey...anyone want to buy a couple mint condition Seaquest Raiders?

MechDiver:
Another one? Its called staying in business, and finding out what you're paying and why before you buy it.

Boring.

I agree, that goes with what I was saying do your research in advance. If you have to buy in the spur of the moment, don't look after the fact,its going to piss you off. Its like when you buy a bag of charcoal at a a nearby 7-11 store, instead of traveling 5 miles to buy it at wal-mart. You bought because you needed it right away and you should know you over paid for it, so why rub it in. Your just making yourself stressed by doing so and its a wasted emotion. :dance:

gedunk:
Wow, now this is B.A.D. bad. Its one thing charging retail but over retail by 40%?

Unbelievable! :11:

Yeah thats a bit much for any diveshop to do.

alemaozinho:

Odd sig given the trouble you're trying to stir up :11ztongue

I would have to agree with "icyman". There aren't many LDS in my area, but the difference in pricing is dramatic.

(Example: SeaQuest QD+ $510 @ one shop / $460 @ the other)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom