ripcord handle's velcro coming off...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oreocookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The velcro on my ripcord handle seems to be coming unglued. For now it seems to be staying, but it looks like the glue is going to let go sooner rather than later. I'm tempted to say lets just superglue it all back together, but I'm wondering if anybody knows of a better solution (not sure how well superglue stands up to constant immersion in water). I'm currently working on my DM, and my gear hasn't been fully dry in almost 3 weeks, so any fixes that require me to use the shop's rental bc's for as short a time as possible would be appreciated.

The velcro on my ripcord handle seems to be coming unglued.

Hi there Mr cookie, go ahead and contact Susan in our Service Department (service@zeagle.com) and let her know you need a new velcro sticker for the Ripcord handle. No special instructions needed to put it on, just dry the handle and remove any excess adhesive that may be stuck to the handle. Apply the velcro to the handle and you'll be good to go.

Hi there Mr cookie, go ahead and contact Susan in our Service Department (service@zeagle.com) and let her know you need a new velcro sticker for the Ripcord handle. No special instructions needed to put it on, just dry the handle and remove any excess adhesive that may be stuck to the handle. Apply the velcro to the handle and you'll be good to go.

Thanks Jeff, I'll do that. In the meantime, since it looks now like the velcro is only being held in by the velcro tabs DiveMaven thought I was referring to in my OP, how increased is the risk of the handle getting pulled loose and dropping the weights? I'm not too concerned about it, but just something I'd like to keep in mind.

how increased is the risk of the handle getting pulled loose and dropping the weights?

Pretty slim, but I'd get the Velcro replaced just the same. For what its worth you could run down to a craft store and buy some today, its not unique stuff by any means.

I'm not sure "Roatan" and "craft store" go well together in a sentence, but who knows. Mostly I was wondering because I've heard mail in Honduras is pretty slow, so whether I try to get it here or wait till I get back home in 2 months... it might be awhile without the velcro. Either way, I'll see what Susan can do for me.

I'll see what kind of response I get from Susan (emailed her earlier this evening) before going the DIY route. As a side note, how permanent is the glue on the velcro supposed to be? I'm a bit surprised at how short a time it's lasted; my Stiletto is barely over a year old with only about 70 dives on it.

I am curious...have you been pulling the handle free? Has the glue just let go on it's own with no stress applied? I am asking as I have not seen this happen with any of our rental gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom