RIP Quero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have visited this thread more than a few times and always left not knowing what to add. I enjoyed Quero's objective and helpful approach here on SB. She will be missed here on the board and certainly by those who knew her personally as a friend or family member. We all recognize the risks of the sport and see the reports. Somehow though none of it prepares us for it happening to someone in our circle of friends and acquaintances. I'm heartened to know that this pastime that she loved as most us do was a big part of her active lifestyle. My condolences go out to all.

Pete

Scuba_Jenny and I had the privilege of watching 73 baby loggerhead turtles hatch and run for the sea tonight...she had the idea to christen one in Marcia's memory. Little hatching Marcia-Quero is currently swimming frantically towards the sargassum area, where she will grow big and strong, eventually returning to the beach twenty years from now to lay the eggs of the next generation.

Such Sad News. I cant believe it. I only emailed Marcia last weekend to confirm the dates for the diving courses I had booked with her. I was so looking forward to meeting her and diving with her in November. I knew from the moment I started exchanging emails with Marcia that she was the person to teach me to become a more experienced diver. From this thread its very clear to see how much this Special Lady meant to everybody. I would like to pass on my condolences to her family and friends. Marcia RIP you will be greatly missed.

Im totally devastated and in tears as we speak, and I dont get too emotional. Though I had never met Marcia, she has been instrumental in helping me plan some of the best dive trips I have experienced. Through her often patience and sometimes painstaking transparency mere ideas I had was put into a plan for reality, never for any gain other than to ensure others like me were satisfied. She will leave a large void for me and Im sure everyone on SB. The world has lost another treasured person. Dearest Marcia ..Descansa em paz avó, nós sentiremos a tua falta

I can only echo what has already been said. Truly an experienced voice of reason who tirelessly aided both the expreienced and the tadpoles like me. Though I never spoke to her, her loss is still surreal to me. My sincerest condolences to her family and those her knew her best.

Lee

My condolences to her family.

I am new to this board and was planning a trip to Phuket.
Saw her link in her signature and after many emails back and forth, I booked diving with her.
I met her in person just 3 weeks ago. She was very nice.

Sad day.

Overwhelmingly sad and shocking.

Marcia was my friend and agent for several years. She helped me get back in to scuba diving after a brief hiatus. I always had great respect for her advice and guidance. She knew what I liked and helped me find dive trips that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Although we're both in Thailand we never met. We had planned to rectify that this December. I am horribly sad that this will not come about.

I too have been away from SB for a while only to return to devastating news.

I am a much better diver and even a better person due to Marcia's sound advice. On SB she was a true beacon to a safe harbor in a stormy sea. I cannot count the many times she provided me advice that actually was usable and sincere.

I am reminded of an ancient story about Alexander the Great's soldier. They were on a march and entered a dark tunnel. The soldiers saw something shining on the tunnel's floor from the rreflection off the torches. The soldiers could not figure out what was shining. Some of the soldiers picked up stones that were making the shining reflections. Out of the darkness a voice boomed out, "Those who pick up the stones will be sorry; but those who do NOT pick up any will be more sorrier!" When the troops had advanced out of the tunnel and back in the sunlight, the stones turned out to be precious gems. Alexander's army had to keep moving and thus the troops could not return to the tunnel and gather more gems. Thus, those who picked up the stones were sorry they did not pick up more of them and those who could have picked up some of the stones were even more sorry they did not pick up any of them.

I count myself fortunate to be in the first group as I was truly fortunate to meet Marcia when I was in Phuket a couple of summers ago, but I will alway be sorry that I did get to spend more time with her.

My heartfelt condolences to her family in this time of sadness. Your loss is felt the world over.

Many many happy bubbles to you Quero you rest with God now....

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom