RIP Quero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was fortunate to meet Marci and spend time with her during her recent visit to Florida. As a matter of fact, she met many SBers on that FL trip. Marci possessed all the wonderful qualities that came across in her posts. She had great energy and great love for diving and divers. A true loss to the diving community.

I’m just one of several moderators Marcia mentored here on ScubaBoard. She was always so helpful, patient, courteous, knowledgeable, and sensible. I have no idea how she was able to devote so much time to the dive community through ScubaBoard and her other activities. We all benefited from her energy.

As with others, she and I had developed a friendship through posts and PMs; and I was looking forward to meeting and diving with her on her next trip to Hawaii. A class act is gone.

I'm shocked and saddened. I never met Marcia, but admired her helpful, well thought out, and encouraging contributions to our on-line community as Quero. I can't believe that she is gone.

very sad news........condolences to all her families...here and there.

One of the people here I admired most. A true voice of reason. Shocking.

It's like a punch to the stomach. Shock and sadness all in one.

Marcia had only the best in mind for this community, and worked tirelessly to nurture it and make it grow. Saying "she will be missed" is an epic understatement.

All the best, James

Saying "she will be missed" is an epic understatement.
This is so incredibly true. Someone sent me a PM asking for forgiveness for starting a "competing" thread. A hundred threads would not do her justice, A thousand would just start to scratch the surface. I am in touch with the family and they are truly heartbroken. I think it's only appropriate to do something in her name as a community. I'll discuss this with her daughter and niece and get back with what that should be. In the meantime, if you have an idea or want to help, don't hesitate to PM me. I would rather keep particulars under wraps until the family has time to weigh in on this and we arrive at a final decision.

Our sincere condolences.

Back
Top Bottom