RIP Quero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been corresponding with her all week about the difficulties of getting used to the drysuit. I hope she didn't have a drysuit accident.
I had a hard time learning to adjust to my drysuit so we were commiserating over this. It's not easy to adjust after diving wet for so long. I am just in shock right now. We just PM'd each other yesterday morning. I could hardly believe it when I started reading this thread. I've never met her but I almost feel like I've lost a close friend.

I am grateful for having had the opportunity to get to know Marcia, even if only virtually and I now regret not getting my butt over to Thailand to dive with her. From my experiences with her, she had many qualities I admired. She was kind, graceful under fire, a cheerleader, a voice of reason amidst chaos, secure in her beliefs, a champion for fairness, with a playful sense of humor and as well as being young at heart. I hope someday I can grow up to be like her.

My heart is broken. She was the best of us, in so many ways.

For all our differences we always had intelligent conversations, via PM.

She was gonna dive with me when she came back to SFL.

I am sad to say you will be missed.

Oh, no... SO sorry to hear about this. Heartbroken.

As others have said, she was one of the wonderful voices of reason and experience that helped make scubaboard a real community of divers. I remember her helping me with a mod issue years ago, so patient and friendly. I will miss her voice here terribly.

Condolences to her family and friends. Godspeed.

I am shocked to see this very sad thread. My condolences go out to all her friends and family. Very sad indeed.

I'm stunned and incredibly sad at the death of someone who, although I never actually met her, I felt as though I knew. She was a very levelheaded lady with a great sense of humor, and I have seen her help a lot of people on this board over the years. My sincere condolences to her family and friends.

I can't believe it. Huge loss to the Scubaboard community. Quero seemed to be someone who followed her bliss, living in Thailand diving the world, and helping others find the joys of innerspace. Best wishes to her family.

Back
Top Bottom