Rip cord resistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jscott1617

Registered
Reaction score
Hi - I'm thinking of buying a ranger but had a question about the rip cord weight release. My problem is I lost an arm in Iraq and need a system that i can dump with one hand easily. My worry is I lost my right arm, meaning i can't do a cross pull for more leverage. So in everyone's experience, is it possible to do a same side pull with weights in the BC? Thanks!

Jason

Yep, I just tried it and it worked fine.

No problem in left hand deployment.
If you are in Missouri, drop by and I'll let you try one in the pool.

Hi - I'm thinking of buying a ranger but had a question about the rip cord weight release. My problem is I lost an arm in Iraq and need a system that i can dump with one hand easily. My worry is I lost my right arm, meaning i can't do a cross pull for more leverage. So in everyone's experience, is it possible to do a same side pull with weights in the BC? Thanks!

Jason

Jason,

My best advice is to find a store that has one and try it. I don't think it should be an issue....but you should try it first to make sure!

If it doesn't work for you, please let me know and we will custom make you one that pulls from the opposite direction...just have the Zeagle dealer you choose to use contact me. No extra charge needed....

Thanks for your service to our country.

Scott

Scott, from an old veteran . . .
. . . thank you SO MUCH for your offer to Jason.

I am deeply touched.

May God bestow his profound blessings upon you both . . .

The Kraken

Zeagle is the best. I've had 2 BCs built for customers with left arm problems with the inflator on right side (at no extra charge of course). As soon as I saw this thread, I was going to suggest a custom job, then I saw that Scott beat me to it.

First and foremost "Thank You for your service and sacrifice so i have the freedom to be writing this today" I don't think it should be an issue, but as the two previous post Zeagle will work with you to do what it takes to get you gear that will work for your needs and if you are in the Alabama area you are welcome to come try my ranger out anytime.

Again a big THANK YOU

This is the first time I've ever teared up reading a ScubaBoard post.

Jason:

Thank YOU for your service and sacrifice for all of us.

Scott:

You're making me proud to be a Zeagle customer.

jason,
welcome to this board.
if you are close to va. you can try my ranger.
thank you very much for serving in our military.
regards,

Jason:

As a USMC Vietnam Veteran I would like to thank you for your service and your sacrifice. Knowing the folks at Zeagle they have got you covered. Best wishes for lots of safe diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom