rinsing gear in a drought

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go cave diving in Florida?

You WOULD say that! :)

For those who dump on your plants; no negative side effects to the plants? My tub has a hose nipple on the drain, so I could easily attach a hose and water grass / plants.

CA has been in this drought for a long time. If I lived out there I'd construct a pestle for a barrel with a fitting at the bottom of the barrel to attached a hose. Catch rain in the barrel and use that. It does rain there now and then doesn't it?

So far I haven't known anything like you people are experiencing. I'm surrounded by fresh water and have a 410' deep well that is in a underground lake larger than the entire state of RI! I own 200' frontage on a fresh water river across the street from my home and there are 2 large fresh water ponds within 2 miles.

Even when others are short on water; right now there are large patches of the bottom showing at the state's largest reservoir, I always have water that I am able to share with my neighbors. :) If things don't change this winter there'll be shortages here next spring / summer. Except for me and others that are tapped into the underground source and my neighbors. I consider myself very lucky because there is no way I could have bought what I have these days! Good luck CA

Why not find a lake to stop at on the way home. I do this on every trip back from NC. A 1 hour dive in a lake is the best soak you can get for your regs, bc, etc.

I rinse even after diving in fresh water it gets the silt and fish sh%$ out of everything. I use the bathtub which goes into the septic leach field under my lawn.

A light coating of gravy and leave it out overnight for the critters to lick clean.

CA has been in this drought for a long time. If I lived out there I'd construct a pestle for a barrel with a fitting at the bottom of the barrel to attached a hose. Catch rain in the barrel and use that. It does rain there now and then doesn't it?

That's the problem, we haven't had the rainfall the last several year's. That rain barrel would still be dry.
But don't worry about us because we ( not I ) just voted in another tax for our liberal governor Jerry Brown to spend wisely LOL.

653-03079237w.jpg

Corbis-42-18455570.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom