Right decision on gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just started diving recently as a gift my wife wants to buy me some dive gear. I bought the basics (fins mask snorkel etc.) when doing my certification. While searching online she came along Essential Scuba Dive package. Basically a website was offering this bundle..

Aqua Lung Pro LT Scuba BCD
Aqua Long titan Scuba Regulator
Suunto Zoop 2 gauge Computer
Aqua Lung ABS Scuba Octopus

All for an amazing price. What are your suggestions on this? Is it a good deal or not so much? Much appreciated

The WannaB

The Titan is a good, workhorse regulator. It was my first, and we still own them, although we're switching to another brand just so all the regs in our house will be the same. The Zoop is a good entry-level computer. I don't personally like that type of BC, but if it fits you, it's likely to work just fine. If the package is a good price, none of that is bad gear.

I'd say my perception lines up with TSandM. Let me add....

If that BC turns out to be a poor fit then what? If it's a turkey and detracts from your diving replacing it will negate the savings. Unless you have had a chance to dive that model / size in training you might consider shopping locally for the BC.

The regulator is a solid performer but understand what your service options are.

The computer is a model I can't speak to. Have you seen one and messed with one in person?

You can pretty much count on ANY dive gear being functional. Getting stuff that suits you is the trick.

My suggestion in the here and now is to spend some serious seat time here and in the gear forum reading and searching. After a while you will be better oriented to understand what you need and want and why. There will always be deals so take your time and make good choices.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom