Rigging for 2 left deco tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bengiddins once bubbled...
is it best to have the swivel part of the reg on the left?
Ben... while I have my DST turret on the left... I do have my spg on the front of the first stage instead of behind it since I didn't want it in the way of the DIN wheel.

MechDiver once bubbled...

Thanks for the links. I had all of them except the first, but it was nice to read JJ's article again anyway.

Phil

No problem, I didn't mean to just throw a bunch of links at ya but since you've already read them all I'll just say the most important thing I think is to get the correct tank (Luxfer). Others can be way too heavy and hang too far down.

A couple of the guys I dive with have heavy 80's (don't know what brand) and they hang down a LOT farther than mine increasing drag significantly. Ohh but they were such a deal... arrgghh... nevermind, different story... :wink:

The Luxfers are about neutral when they are half empty and a little positive when totally empty. Very easy to carry a load of them. I haven't done more than three yet but I've got some buddies that regularly do 4 and more and they are all on the left.... hip cliped for more than 2.

I was looking at all the links and read all the forums. I was wandering if anyone has a picture of the tanks rigged onto the harness. I would like to see the 3 tanks on the D-ring. I know how to rig a stage/deco bottle, but I never had a need to use more than one.
Thanks
ADAM

jeepster0000 once bubbled...
I was looking at all the links and read all the forums. I was wandering if anyone has a picture of the tanks rigged onto the harness. I would like to see the 3 tanks on the D-ring. I know how to rig a stage/deco bottle, but I never had a need to use more than one.
Thanks
ADAM

Hi Adam,

We don't normally clip off more than two bottles on the left side top and bottom d-rings. If carrying more than two any extra get clipped to the left hip d-ring by the top clip on the stage. We use a leash (short loop of 1/4 line with a clip on it) to accomplish this. It actually works quite well. Also only stages with Helium get clipped to the left hip so they will not drag when full.

DSAO!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom