Rigging a pony bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

S. starfish

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
SO my dad, new to diving, has bought a 19cf pony bottle but doesn't quite know how to rig it up. This is problem because I've never used one and don't have a clue how to rig one up either. Can anyone help us out, we're looking for ways to secure it to the tank as well as use it as a sling bottle so it can be handed off to another diver. Thanks

dannobee:
This should open up a can of worms.

The consensus is to rig it like a stage bottle. That's how mine is, and I prefer it that way rather than mounted to my tank. Look at the baue.org website for some pictures.

Who is it that keeps telling people they should buy this crap?

OK, that's the can positioned on the machine, anyone else wanna push the button :)

Scuba_Steve:
Who is it that keeps telling people they should buy this crap?
Probably the same people that think the X-Shorts aren't gay looking.

JeffG:

Oh, they're 'gay' looking, that's for sure. it's just that they're so damn practical.

Why are people buying things that they don't know how to use (I'm not going to even touch the "should I be using a pony bottle" issue as I already know the answer to that one :wink: )

Because these can save your life!

JeffG:
I proudly wear my X-shorts with several different wetsuits/drysuits, but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a 19cf "pony" bottle.

Jeff, you're just bitter because most of your diving involves the same drysuit and blue gloves. . .:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom