Richie Kohler's Trimix Rebreather Class in the Dominican Republic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chatterton

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Richie Kohler is coming down to Pirates Cove Dive Center in the Dominican Republic to teach an Evolution Rebreather class, and to hang out with us. If you have been thinking of training on a rebreather, the combination of the Evo, Richie, and Pirates Cove is certainly going to be one of your more interesting options.

As for me, I will just hang around and say things like, "Yes, Mr. Kohler. No, Mr. Kohler. Can I take that Bail Out cylinder from you, Mr. Kohler?"

The dates are April 5-11, 2009. We have put together a package that includes dive boat, hotel, all meals, beverages (soda, beer, cocktails), ground transportation, absorbant, oxygen, bail out cylinders, tuition, and books. Everything but airfare to SDQ, Santo Domingo, and a rebreather for $3,5000. Rental Rebreathers are available at $400 for the week.

For more details contact me, or Mr. Kohler.

Cheers

John Chatterton

Richie Kohler is coming down to Pirates Cove Dive Center in the Dominican Republic to teach an Evolution Rebreather class, and to hang out with us. If you have been thinking of training on a rebreather, the combination of the Evo, Richie, and Pirates Cove is certainly going to be one of your more interesting options.

As for me, I will just hang around and say things like, "Yes, Mr. Kohler. No, Mr. Kohler. Can I take that Bail Out cylinder from you, Mr. Kohler?"

The dates are April 5-11, 2009. We have put together a package that includes dive boat, hotel, all meals, beverages (soda, beer, cocktails), ground transportation, absorbant, oxygen, bail out cylinders, tuition, and books. Everything but airfare to SDQ, Santo Domingo, and a rebreather for $3,5000. Rental Rebreathers are available at $400 for the week.

For more details contact me, or Mr. Kohler.

Cheers

John Chatterton

Ohh and John, MR KOHLER is my Dad.
Geeezzz....

Supervisor, "Jones, I thought you and Couv were friends."
Jones, "We are."
Supervisor, "Then why do you talk to each other that way?"
Jones, "You don't think I'd let an enemy talk to me that way, do you?"
..............................................................................................

With all that spare time on your hands, I think you two guys should do your own Radio Show…it would be like PBS "Car Talk" … you could call it "Dive Talk"

Whenever I hear one of you being interviewed, I think….yeah, a (another) call in show where divers call in with their equipment, skill, tech or any dive related problems. After a small repartee one of you would give the definitive rejoinder. You could be the "Click and Clack" of the dive industry, maybe "Bolt Snap and Swivel". I thought about "Crotch Strap and Sex Bolt", but did not want to start a fight.

What do you think?

couv

Last edited:
That was shamless plug for the SB radio show! If i had the time and could do a call in dive radio show I am so gonna be Sexbolt..., I will leave JC to be crotch strap!

In the interest of shameless self-promotion, there is The ScubaBoard Show <http://www.thescubaboardshow.com> , and Mr. Kohler and Mr. Chatterton have been recent guests.

Guest, schmest&#8230;.The Scuba Board Show is very good, but it's time to expand. I don't mean get rid of your already excellent format&#8230;just add to it. &#8230;.Go live with Sexbolt and Crotch Strap! Call in with all your dive related questions! You got questions, we got answers&#8230;.(OK Radio Shack already uses that)&#8230;but one of you media types could come up with something catchy.

That was shamless plug for the SB radio show! If i had the time and could do a call in dive radio show I am so gonna be Sexbolt..., I will leave JC to be crotch strap!

Well Richie got to it first, so Sexbolt he is. I'm just wondering if he capitalized his nickname and left John's in lowercase for a reason?

c

Last edited:
I should pipe in here to say - that after completing my training with Richie... I would be remiss not to highly recommend him. Richie is a great instructor! He's very thorough and totally committed to the training. He tries as hard as possible to make sure that the students are prepared for rebreather diving. It's easy to see that he loves sharing his experience with others.

Your right John, Howard was the problem child in class, LOL.

Sit UBO sit.

On the serious side, thank you Howard, Michelle and Sexbolt for all you did in putting this together, it was a great pleasure in assisting Richie with this class, everyone did great and learned a lot, even though some didnt listen as well as others........howard, LOL!!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom