Evolution Rebreather Training with Richie Kohler

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did afternoon dive on the Spiegel Grove.(Thurs 12/4) Got to the site a little late, because we had planned on diving the "Northern lights". But the Gulf stream had other ideas.
Had 4 divers on the boat (Silent World). Two divers OC and two RB. I was diving my Inspiration and Chris (Silent World owner) dove his reVo. Nice and compact unit.(not Chris, but the RB):wink:
Our runtime was around 84 min. with about 18-20 of that being deco. Tied into the bow and went over the port rail to the bottom, swam towards the stern and cut across at the props. Here we came across 2 very large Goliath grouper or Jew fish I'm not sure.
Around the stern up into the well deck where there was a stingray sitting on the deck, this thing was almost pure white in color, cool.
Swam the well deck for a ways then up on the deck to check out several rooms near the back of the super structure. From here we swam along the port side back to the mooring and up for our deco.
Exited the water right at sunset, very nice. But Chris grabbed onto a drift line to pull himself to the boat and got stung buy some type of jelly fish or something. Not a good way to end an otherwise fun dive. Hope Chris recovers quickly from this.
I'm now sitting back at home in Minnesota after a not so fun 36hr. drive. Current temperature in Minneapolis 7 degrees, current temperature in Islamorada 74 degrees. I think I screwed up:coffee:
Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom