Richie Kohler Chicago CCR "Try & Dive"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richie Kohler

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Those in the Chicago area intersted in either the EVOLUTION PLUS or KISS closed circuit rebreathers, I invite you to join Tamara Thomsen and I down at Haige Quarry this June13/14 for a rebreather "try and dive" experiance to find out what silent, bubble free diving is all about. Open to only 10 divers per day, this is basically a mini course, where we will be covering rebreather basics, each units assembly and function, and then you get to make a "one on one" test dive to a max depth of 30 feet in Haigh Quarry!
If you would like more information or want to sign up, please contact info@scubaemporium.com and reserve your spot. I look forward to seeing you there!

If you would like to go diving with me at Haigh ahead of time I can show you my Evolution. Might be helpful before this, but you can't dive mine. :wink:

Sundays are working better for me lately. I'm actually looking for a buddy for this Sunday if you can make it. If not, I'm sure we can work out another time. :)

I did a rebreather try out dive with Richie and Tamara in February, though it was in a pool the experience was great and well worth the cost and the trip in my case. We had numerous models to test out including the evolution, kiss, meg and something called the frog and there was also several units to examine but not dive like a sentinal and a revo. If your at all interested in going bubble free this is a great opportunity. You might invest in the "Rebreathers Simplified" book also if your thinking CCR is something your interested in.

Sundays are working better for me lately. I'm actually looking for a buddy for this Sunday if you can make it. If not, I'm sure we can work out another time. :)

sundays are good for me as well, also wednesdays... anway this sunday is no good I have open water dives (instructing, not taking....lol) let me know.. also I will pm you my email

I did a rebreather try out dive with Richie and Tamara in February, though it was in a pool the experience was great and well worth the cost and the trip in my case. We had numerous models to test out including the evolution, kiss, meg and something called the frog and there was also several units to examine but not dive like a sentinal and a revo. If your at all interested in going bubble free this is a great opportunity. You might invest in the "Rebreathers Simplified" book also if your thinking CCR is something your interested in.

Thanks can't wait and if I like it.. I am sure I will be buying it.. :D

Glad to hear from you guys! So far the program is more than half full...and I havent really tried to advertise it yet! We are going to have fun that weekend! For those who live close to Scuba Emporium we are going to meet on Friday night and go to a local watering hole for a happy hour social...hope you can make it for a beer?

You have always got to have a happy hour, it a requirement. For those trying the CCR, might as well go ahead and put the money back, once you try it, you will be hooked and have to buy one I promise.

Pitt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom