Rich Henry step forward

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't you have a digital camera that shoots video? Use the largest setting possible, a larger card, edit on Windows Movie Maker. :wink:

Yeah I do but the videos on that don't turn out very well. My wife flooded our DC800 on our last vacation. We have a cannon 30D that I will try and take pictures with.

Wouldn't that be dumb or at least dangerous for them to make statements here now? I've been surprised to see as much as I did, which may be used against them in the future.

Maybe, but that would be based on the assumption there is actually something meriting legal action. Who can even say at this point? There is some much vagueness to the whole thing and a lot of assumptions being made that either party really gives much of a crap about the whole thing.

Responses from FI have all been in the line of "Hey, we painted the place, come see it.":shakehead:

(double post)

Last edited:
I've never been to FI and have never dealt with Rich Henry and never intend to deal with etiher, so I have the luxury of being able to look at this matter as an outsider.

Either Rich Henry is a very wealthy and generous man, or he has retained the money that some customers have paid him, and then used that to purchase bookings at other resorts.

The fact that he has customer money that has not been passed on to FI might be legal if the contract between him and FI only requires him to forward the money to FI at some particular data, such as 30 days before the booking starts.

FI has handled this poorly in that they have a moral obligation (and in some countries a legal obligation) to honor bookings and payments made to their authorized agent, even if he hasn't passed the money on to FI.

Both Rich Henry and FI have handled this situation badly by using customers as pawns in their power struggle. This reflects badly on both.

I called Valerie Plame. The two us are going to write a book together. Perhaps get on letterman. I have nothing to hide. :rofl3:

Was it your super sleuthin' (what is a C.I.D?) or did rich give you his customer list and ask you to find out "Who the F@#$ started this thread"?

Post number 37 in the other thread says plenty, I just wanted rich to respond.

The Diva is diving!!! Let it rest, it's going nowhere. Over and out.

You really are an "Excitable Boy". See you up on "Solsbury Hill"

Last edited:
I have nothing to hide..... and ask you to find out "Who the F@#$ started this thread"?

Then always sign everything you write. At least once, you did. I don't care who started this thread. I've been to FIBR, not my idea of a dive resort. I don't know Rich, but I've seen videos of him diving. Ditto on that. Want answers? Stamping and whining doesn't work. The interested parties will settle this between themselves. FIBR will likely survive, it has against all odds and management now for what? 19 years? Amazes even me. Bright-eyed tour operators are flesh-and-blood. Unlike real-estate, they have a limited life span, but Rich will likely pull this rabbit out of his hat.

And we are bystanders. Some of us prefer the role of critics, some are qualified, some are not, but there is no internet certification... or is there?

Was it your super sleuthin' (what is a C.I.D?)

Certified Internet Diver bestowed upon me by El Stroko Guapo of Boca Raton after my early years on usenet rec.scuba Stop by over there if you want a mouth-full of chipped china, Dave. (ScubaBoard is kindergarten)

Super sleuths read... everything.

Picture31-1.png

Let it rest, it's going nowhere. Over and out.

Brilliant decision, Mr. Bergman.

This is fairly straightforward to me.

1. One or both sides of this drama are either telling partial truths, the truth, or complete lies.

2. None, one, or both parties may be harmed (business-wise) by this soap opera.

3. Their customers are being harmed in some fashion or another.

I will not be tossing a coin (pun intended) with my hard-earned money to guess which one is which. Simple solution.....neither party gets my business.

ouija.jpg

What I heard, which is likely not fact and only heresay is that some crazy dude in an RV showed up at Fantasy Island wanting to sell fancy new dive lights that incorporated some Flourescent type thing and was planning on parking the RV at FI and doing business there when FI management told him he could not park his RV there and all he!! broke out, The guy in the RV explained that Rich told him it was OK and Taken care of and Rich said he could park his RV there for a while. THEN , While FI would still not allow the Flourescent Dive RV guy to park there they invited him to a Lionfish dinner which he was so impressed with he gave up on the RV, the Flouro thing and even gave up on Rich.
Again, This may not be how it actually came down but with all the speculation going on I felt it my duty to report just what I had heard. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom