RI on Sunday...it's 7 degrees warmer than cape ann

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raxafarian once bubbled...
Any interest in diving Ft. wetherill on sunday? It's around 60deg. water temp still.

I was going to head up to Cape Ann do dive with the others on Sun, but as long as someone wants to do Ft. Wetherill, I'd rather go there.

-Roman.

I might need air as well if I don't get a chance to re-charge on Sat. PM me your cell, just in case. Where in Jamestown is OSS, btw?

-Roman.

it's only about 2 miles from Ft. Wetherill.

Follow directions to ft. wetherill. When you get to the stop sign in downtown Jamestown, take a right. Go several blocks to the next stop sign, turn right. OSS is approx. 1/4 mile on the left.

Or, you can take the FIRST exit after the Jamestown bridge. Keep going straight until you can't go straight anymore... I think there's a stop sign... turn right. OSS is a couple miles on the right. You'll be passing farms and fields. If you get to a stop sign, you went too far.

To get to Ft. Weth. from OSS: right out of parking lot. At first stop sign, turn left. Go to bottom of hill (downtown Jamestown). Right at stop sign. Follow previously posted directions to Ft. Weth.

I'll be at OSS at 10, so we can meet there if you want

Roman: Pm on the way.

A definite MAYBE....

I didn't mean to crap on your plans...that's why I posted a separate thread, instead of posting in your Cape Ann thread. I just didn't want to drive 2 1/2 hours to not be able to park, and to be in 50 deg. water, when I can drive 50 min. and be in 60deg. water :).... plus park 10ft from the water (ok...maybe 30ft)

I'll be at OSS at 10, and at ft. weth. whenever my tanks get filled... 10:45 probably.

I'm a definate maybe also for Sunday. I can be easily persuaded. Is the weather supposed to be nice on Sunday?

Today was such a beautiful warm day. It would have been great for diving. I realize now that it IS possible to dive during these cold months.

Rax, I was thinking of canceling my hiking plans and ask you to dive with me at Ft. Wetherill on Sat. I know you are always ready to dive Ft. W. It seems a bit late now, but let me know if you are interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom