RI days #1 (Sat & Sun, Aug 31 & Sep 1)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raxafarian

Contributor
Reaction score
Made this thread to replace the labor day one.

So far, I think the following are attending:

Raxafarian
Mrs. Raxafarian
Shellbird
mshieldsdunn

Possibles:
Msilvia
Paul....bunch of numbers :)

I think Ft. Wetherill would be best (I'm not familiar with other sites). Meet around 10am.

We dove there today...crowded parking lot, but not crowded in the water. Max depth was 22ft... (it was low tide). No gloves, no hood. 7mm 2-piece.

Expected profile: 30-35ft max. nice, protected cove.

edited to add matt

I will probably get out there early, I drive yellow Ford Escape. Should we try to meet up somewhere for breakfast?

shellbird once bubbled...
I will probably get out there early, I drive yellow Ford Escape. Should we try to meet up somewhere for breakfast?

let me think about a spot... there's places in Mystic, and there's a mcdonalds at exit 3 (rt. 138) off I-95.... there's also a truckstop/diner place off either last exit in CT or first exit in RI. (I'm pretty sure it's exit 1 in RI.)

If you don't mind a slight out of the way trip... there's a place on Rt. 102 only about 15 minutes from jamestown... Slightly longer for you, but you avoid Rt. 138 (which I was on yesterday... and it SUCKED) and all it's traffic.

Pick a spot, I'll be there. I gotta eat! Going caffeine free is the hardest part... UG, a day without coffee is hell... What we do for diving...

shellbird once bubbled...
I may actually go up day before.

At one point, hadn't we discussed doing something on Sat. as well or have I shifted into a parallel universe again? I know we are going out on Sun, but what are people doing on Sat? Anything? Should there be a RI #.5?

Eager to look for tropical fish in RI. :bounce:
Matthew

I won 4 airline tickets to Cancun or a ton other places but I have to visit some Newport resort for a 90 min. shpiel and I was going to do it that weekend while I was out there. So I am not sure when I am going to fit that in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom