Rgbm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padiscubapro once bubbled...

Its not a cheapie.. It for the dedicated diver...

It does any nitrogen or helium mix.. open or closed circuit

The "standard" version is $1200 and the cell integrated is $1300

There were some minor bugs in the beginning (nothing that altered profiles, just some informational issues and d/l problems, and a problem in RGBM mode (full up RGBM was added in november) when at high altitude, doing very deep long dives..) and a problem with the case (they had a pre-emptive recall and every computer case was changed and included was a free additional 1 year warranty), but thats been all rectified..

The thing that has me hooked is the huge display.. the main numbers are each around 3/4 of an inch, and most others .25 to .5 inches, and that its a segmented display so its much easier to read than a graphical display..

the limits are 10 switchable gases, mixed open/closed circuit, 600 fsw depth limit..
a full comparison between it and its closest competitor (the vr3) can be seen at www.hs-eng.com, the manual is also available for d/l along with a simulator to see how the computer works...

Thanks, my wife would kill me but it sounds like something I would be real interested in in the future.

This is more of a question than an answer, Uwatec smart com air integrated console, isnt it essentially RGBM, but they call it micro-bubble suppression? Same stuff I beleive.

Panama Jack once bubbled...
This is more of a question than an answer, Uwatec smart com air integrated console, isnt it essentially RGBM, but they call it micro-bubble suppression? Same stuff I beleive.
Not RGBM. It looks to be just a another case of backing off the M values of a haldanian/Bulhmann model, much as with "Suunto RGBM".

Look at the deco table vs L0-L5 setting at http://www.uwatec.com/imperial/framem08_t.htm . It appears that the conservative setting just increase normal deco stops. They don't even recommend the short deep stops that would come from doing the gradient factor fudge on Bulhmann.

The feature that I like the most is the ability to select straight buhlman, modified buhlman (rgbm limiting factors like the suunto) and true full up RGBM..

what are the differences bentween the true, pure RGBM and the other versions. also, what is "cell integration"? ZG

Zerogravity once bubbled...

The feature that I like the most is the ability to select straight buhlman, modified buhlman (rgbm limiting factors like the suunto) and true full up RGBM..

what are the differences bentween the true, pure RGBM and the other versions. also, what is "cell integration"? ZG

Staright buhlman is just that a symetric on/off gassing, very little concervatism. (1 setting)

the modified buhlmans (6 conservation settings)
do asymetric on/off gassing (of gassing is LONGER than on gassing) and has RGBM repetibve dive limiting factors folded on top (SUUNTO does something similiar)

RGBM (3 conservation settings)
Full true up rgbm, this is a bubble model complete will all bubble control mechanisms, no underlying buhlman model..
Even the most agressive RGBM setting is probably safer than most buhlman models..

EVERYONE else who claims RGBM to date is really a buhlman model (dissolved gas) with RGBM limiting factors tacked on.. A true RGBM model will have you doing deep stops on all dives... if you dove to say 130 fsw your first stop will be somewhere around 100-110 fsw.. all the deep stops are fairly short, med depth stops a bit longer, and shallow about the same...

On a buhlman model whether it put in deep stops or not the shallow stops are long compared to the rest of the profile.. if you were to graph depth vs time youd get this long "tail" in the shallows..

Cell Integration..

This is for rebreather divers, with the addition of an oxygen sensor with the appropriate cable/holder the computer monitors the loop PO2 and bases deco on actual loop composition..

It also available as a backup means of monitoring the loop in the event the electronics fail in A CCR so the diver could complete the dive manuallly... For an SCR diver it lets them know what they are breathing, if your workload changes or the gas flow changes so does the loop composition... This can save your life...

thanks for the info..I can see the difference now..seems that almost all current dive computers use modified buhlman or modified buhlman with rgbm? How about the cochran series? probably the same? ZG

Zerogravity once bubbled...
thanks for the info..I can see the difference now..seems that almost all current dive computers use modified buhlman or modified buhlman with rgbm? How about the cochran series? probably the same? ZG

Cochran doesn't use RGBM they use their own buhlman modifications for most computers and special alg for the NAVY computer which is not available to the general public.

caveseeker7 once bubbled...
PS: HS Explorer and Abyss Explorer are not the same.
Really???? I thought they were the same?

Maybe they are rebadged and sold under two different names?

If you have any questions feel free to ask.. I have had the computers since the beginning, I can tell you the good, the bad and the ugly...
I have also tested many of the upgrades over the past year or so before they were available..
May sound like a silly question but ....
I was wondering about the buttons on the Explorer - how do they work, are they simple press down or do they work differently?

blackice once bubbled...
May sound like a silly question but ....
I was wondering about the buttons on the Explorer - how do they work, are they simple press down or do they work differently?
The buttons a simple presses.. \\

they go straight through the computer so you have a positive indication when they are engaged.

There are differences between the hs-explorer and abyss explorer even though BOTH were designed and manufactured by hydrospace engineering.

The abyss version does not have the cell integration available.. (actually gene delievered one or two to them as samples(as of this date)) and thier algs are different.. the abyss version was modified to produce profiles closer to the abyss desktop software.

the abyss version has asymetric on/off gassing rates as follows 100/100 100/120 and 100/150, while the hs explorer uses 100/100, 100/118, and 100/135

personally 100/150 produces incredibly long prfiles and I cant see any reason to use it... the 100/135 is extremely conservativce as it is..

Back
Top Bottom