Rgbm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apparently, Suunto isn't a true RGBM, it's Suunto variation of the RGBM, which is why it's called 'Suunto RGBM'. I think they did this to get it out to market quickly. I don't believe that there is anything wrong with the Suunto computers and their 'Suunto RGBM' (I own 2), but they are technically not true RGBM computers.

Here's a thread with some more info...

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28504&highlight=suunto+RGBM

The HS Explorer looks exactly like the Abyss line of computers. HS Explorer probably makes them for Abyss?? ZG

Zerogravity once bubbled...
The HS Explorer looks exactly like the Abyss line of computers. HS Explorer probably makes them for Abyss?? ZG

Hydrospace manufactured the computers for abysmal. the hardware is the same but the alg is modified to fit the abyss conservative factors and modified Buhlman AB values..

A cell integrated version is ONLY available through hydrospace.

I used to sell the abysmal version,I now only sell the hydrospace versions and have had many of my customers converted to the hydrospace algs instead of the abyss algs..

If you have any questions feel free to ask.. I have had the computers since the beginning, I can tell you the good, the bad and the ugly...
I have also tested many of the upgrades over the past year or so before they were available..

The computers are very stable now and I wouldn't think of doing a dive without one..

The feature that I like the most is the ability to select straight buhlman, modified buhlman (rgbm limiting factors like the suunto) and true full up RGBM..

padiscubapro once bubbled...

The computers are very stable now and I wouldn't think of doing a dive without one..

The feature that I like the most is the ability to select straight buhlman, modified buhlman (rgbm limiting factors like the suunto) and true full up RGBM..

How much does this beast run, and what are any of the limitations/problems, etc.?

plsdiver4377 once bubbled...

How much does this beast run, and what are any of the limitations/problems, etc.?

Its not a cheapie.. It for the dedicated diver...

It does any nitrogen or helium mix.. open or closed circuit

The "standard" version is $1200 and the cell integrated is $1300

There were some minor bugs in the beginning (nothing that altered profiles, just some informational issues and d/l problems, and a problem in RGBM mode (full up RGBM was added in november) when at high altitude, doing very deep long dives..) and a problem with the case (they had a pre-emptive recall and every computer case was changed and included was a free additional 1 year warranty), but thats been all rectified..

The thing that has me hooked is the huge display.. the main numbers are each around 3/4 of an inch, and most others .25 to .5 inches, and that its a segmented display so its much easier to read than a graphical display..

the limits are 10 switchable gases, mixed open/closed circuit, 600 fsw depth limit..
a full comparison between it and its closest competitor (the vr3) can be seen at www.hs-eng.com, the manual is also available for d/l along with a simulator to see how the computer works...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom