Rgbm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

showing the screen and buttons in the "computer for tech diving " thread.

I have the abyss version because I like the software ..and usually dive the more conservative100/120 alg for mix dives..but i'm not as young as I used to be anymore.

Darlene

Simple Question 1

How would a diver that is new to multi gas and deco decide which way to go? To use RGBM or not? Is seems that the board is split, some use it some don't. Also the computer used (if any) can influance the decision it seems.

blackice once bubbled...
Simple Question 1

How would a diver that is new to multi gas and deco decide which way to go? To use RGBM or not? Is seems that the board is split, some use it some don't. Also the computer used (if any) can influance the decision it seems.

If you run RGBM or VPM-B tables the explorer will track pretty close and you wount have any problems.. if you attemp[t to run one of these profiles on something like a VR3, you violate its deco requirements..

So you'll find most VR3 divers (its still a more popular computer) running buhlman models.. I almost exclusivly run VPm-B and RGBM profiles.. the only time I pretty much run buhlman profiles is with students (but follow all the rgbm deep stops) since (A) the Buhlman profiles have longer run times and are useful in helping condition the student for long decos.(B) most divers dont own an explorer

Back
Top Bottom