RGBM who's using it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring once bubbled...

Agreed. My buddy has the Vytec and I have a Vyper. My Vyper keeps me in the water about twice as long (obviously depending on profile and bottom time) as Decoplanner...I do not know a good way around this other than stop using it as anything other than a gauge (even with Nitrox) and switch to tables/software unless another computer does it better (maybe the VR3).

I have looked strongly at the VR3, but am put off by the button problems, cost of 2 software packages and the IR link to use it effectively, and the need for a laptop. Presumably the computer is useful by itself, but the addons appear to really increase the useability of the thing. I really don't want to have to deal with OMS though, but cannot get it from Delta-p directly. I have been given a good price by the shop I am talking to, same as that from Leisurepro, but they're an OMS dealer.
Two friends have the HS Explorers and I am not impressed by those at all.

Phil

...what does LP want for one? I have already ruled it out as an option, but I was curious what they wanted for it...

I agree with your assessment. I have not found a computer that I would use for deco so I got decoplanner.

The only RGBM software for planning that I seen has been in Abyss, and there is a new version coming out. The problem with the current version is on mix dives it gives you realy short run times, even if you you insert way points with your deco mix's. I haven't tried it yet, and have been playing around with modifing V-planer and Z-planer and compare it with 120 algorithem in Abyss! but would really be intresred to see the new version that Dr. Wienke worked on.

Speaking of VR3's, we had a lot of guys have problems with buttons falling off, and calibrating through the interface on O2 has been a problem for some guys!! I like the unit but will hold off until these problems looked at, but definetly want the interface on my unit in the near future.

O-ring once bubbled...
...what does LP want for one? I have already ruled it out as an option, but I was curious what they wanted for it...

I agree with your assessment. I have not found a computer that I would use for deco so I got decoplanner.

LP price was $1089, but they don't have the software or link. Also, they are most positively NOT a VR3 dealer. Delta-p has never heard of them.

Phil

Also, they are most positively NOT a VR3 dealer. Delta-p has never heard of them.
There goes that idea...with the buttons prone to falling off, etc. I wouldn't touch one without a warranty...

O-ring once bubbled...

There goes that idea...with the buttons prone to falling off, etc. I wouldn't touch one without a warranty...

I have two different sources who will be checking things at DEMA and getting me prices that I think will be very ballpark with LP. If you like, and the prices are good, I'll ping you with them and names of dealers.

Phil

I was just curious what they were going for these days. I am going to wait and see what Wienke and GUE turn out next year. I suspect that we will see a really nice RGBM deco software product or a computer turned out early next year....I will stick with Decoplanner and the Vyper until then.

Have fun at DEMA...wish I was going..

The VR3 has been in use in Europe for years. If buttons were falling off, I guess we would have heard of it by now. Nothing is perfect. I am using DPlan and Decoplanner and a bottom timer. The last 2 weeks, I have been diving on the Miss Lindsey out of Hatteras Village and have had great dives! Vis has been good and a lot of critters on the Proteus.

Robert:doctor:

I was on the Miss Lindsey two weeks ago on the Proteus. 2 dives on Sunday, blown out Sat....were you on the boat then?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom