Reward – Lost Scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
My scooter became un-attached to the side of the boat yesterday while suiting up, and drifted off. Hours of searching produced no results. It was neutral, so it has either moved down into waters deeper than its ability to survive, washed up against the shoreline some place, or is drifting somewhere in the lake.

If somehow somebody finds it, I will finally stop crying :depressed:, and I will pay them a $50.00 finder’s fee.

Scooter: Black Mako with ScubaBoard sticker on it.

Location lost: Lake Pend Oreille, ID, against the shoreline across form Eagles Boat Launch. But it could drift anywhere.

Contact Rick Inman, rinman@onespokane.com, 509-868-6531
MAKO1.jpg

I feel your pain, I lost my Mako for about 5 minutes coming ashore from a beach dive. My only thought was OH! NOOOO!! I hope it turns up, at least it's a lake and not the ocean, so you have a chance. Put a couple wanted posters at the marina and launch ramps. Good luck.

OMG, I'm soooo sorry Rick! I bet it hurts.

Fear of this very thing is what made me get my name in reflectorized letters (cost me $20 from a local company that makes road signs), and plaster it on both sides of the scooter.

Good luck!

All the best, James

OMG, I'm soooo sorry Rick! I bet it hurts.

Fear of this very thing is what made me get my name in reflectorized letters (cost me $20 from a local company that makes road signs), and plaster it on both sides of the scooter.

Good luck!

All the best, James
Yeah. Of course, while I'm swimming around looking for it, I'm wondering why I didn't put my name on it. Duh! Well, at least it has a scubaboard sticker on it, so maybe someone will come here to report it found.

The boat was anchored in 18' of water with 20'+ vis. About 20 yards away there is a wall that drops down to 600'. but there are ledges and terraces all along, so I can't imagine it wouldn't get hung up. So we did a search, starting at 200' (where the vis is 60'+, zig-zagging up the wall back to shore. No way we could have missed it. it is just not there. I think it's drifting somewhere in the middle of the lake between 2' and 20'.

Sorryto hear about your loss...

We trim out scooters to be slightly positive for OW diving... that was if it is ever lost it'll make it's way to the surface.

We trim out scooters to be slightly positive for OW diving... that was if it is ever lost it'll make it's way to the surface.

yeah... I kept meaning to do that...:shakehead:

Sad pictures...

Before we left the docs for the dive...
Me_and_Lost_mako.jpg

Unloading the gear after the dive... and something is missing...
Gear_no_scooter.jpg

OKay, my wife just saw this thread and said, "Dude. It's just a scooter. Get over it. We'll buy you a new one in the spring with the tax refund."

:eyebrow:

OKay, my wife just saw this thread and said, "Dude. It's just a scooter. Get over it. We'll buy you a new one in the spring with the tax refund."

:eyebrow:
You better tell her about all the other gear that you lost with the scooter and come up with a good excuse as to why the fill station and compressor where tethered too the boat. :D

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your scooter!

Oh, Rick, I'm sorry! I hope you get a phone call at 11 pm some night saying, "Do you know anything about a missing scooter?"

Back
Top Bottom