Revo or Optima?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Living in a cocoon can give one a false impression of the world. Ask for a second opinion on the other link I sent you. The diver is an expedition diver.

I hold the record for the deepest dive on an Optima. Does that make me an expedition diver? Lol

Any complaints about the scrubber on the Optima? Is the horizontal orientation of any concern I should care about?

The scrubber is bullet proof. No issues there, super easy to pack.

I have spent a lot of time speaking to both Lamar and Paul Ray Meekers. I find them both to be brilliant people. But I was blown away by Lamar. The side mount Optima and the chest mount Optima are works of art, and I don’t dive a rebreather. Never will.

Sidemount Optima?

Most people have a hard time admitting they made a $10,000 mistake. I’m not that person. I beat on every drum about how great the revo was, the the truly great people who knew more about CCR than I will ever know tolerated me, but gently nudged, “try something else, you have no frame of reference and no perspective”. I owned 4 Revo’s. My mistake was more than $10k. Today, this month, I made enough money to buy every rebreather on the market. I can have any piece of dive gear I want. There’s 5 CCR in the spare bedroom. If the revo was even in the top 5, dontcha think I’d have one?

Lamar and Paul are both brilliant. I know them both very well. The difference between the two is that Lamar will take constructive criticism to improve his optima, and he does actually improve it. Paul wouldn’t even admit his mushroom valves were defective until I crippled his sale of them with a black market alternative. That was a fun week, I can assure you.
So tell me why you don't sell those 5 CCRs? I may already know the answer. What is your CCR of choice? List 3?

Living in a cocoon can give one a false impression of the world. Ask for a second opinion on the other link I sent you. The diver is an expedition diver.

I wouldn't call myself as living in a cocoon. In fact, I was trained by people who take their diving very seriously and with special attention to safety and proper procedures that I have come to realise are far better than is common in the industry. This continues to be reinforced almost every day as I encounter different people in diving.

They all have a different purpose. Sidewinder and Choptima are my two favorite. High flow, swimming, working my ass off, Choptima has the easiest breathing of any rebreather. Tight gnarly stuff or on the trigger, the sidewinder slides in like butter.

I’ve got a CCR I love for spear fishing, but the company SUCKS!!!! Wish I had never bought it and it’s a fantastic rebreather. But the management is a joke.

The scrubber is bullet proof. No issues there, super easy to pack.

Fantastic! Thanks for confirming this for me as it was a bit of an outstanding question in my mind.

How would you improve the Optima if you had the chance?

I hold the record for the deepest dive on an Optima. Does that make me an expedition diver? Lol
I know divers have taken their Prism II to 140 metres. Can you give me the dive plan? And I think you already answered your last question.

Fantastic! Thanks for confirming this for me as it was a bit of an outstanding question in my mind.

How would you improve the Optima if you had the chance?
I’d make the mounting system for the bottles easier. Lamar fixed the mounting system for the head. You don’t need to grow a third arm now.
On the Choptima, I’d have a hard attachment to clip in a scooter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom