rEvo landed costs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are the fees to land a rEvo in Canada
New or used?

New:

- Shipping from Belgium is around 270 Euros.
- Wire transfer fee is around 100-150 CAD depending on the total rEvo price. Wise is probably the cheapest way to pay.
- Taxes - find out from your import broker.

I'd say prepare to pay 600-900 CAD in fees.

New or used?

New:

- Shipping from Belgium is around 270 Euros.
- Wire transfer fee is around 100-150 CAD depending on the total rEvo price. Wise is probably the cheapest way to pay.
- Taxes - find out from your import broker.

I'd say prepare to pay 600-900 CAD in fees.
New.
I have a few emails waiting for reply.
Called Canadian customs and they said they are not sure, but anywhere from 5 to 30% fees plus 13% tax.

New.
Called Canadian customs and they said they are not sure, but anywhere from 5 to 30% fees plus 13% tax.
30% fee on a 10K Euro unit is steep. I'll DM you.

New.

Not suggesting anything of course, but you can get flights Canada (well ok, depending on which side you are on...)-Brussels for a few hundred, sometimes even as low as 300-400 if off season...Revo offices are about 2h+ away by train or 1h+ if driving from Brussels....And Air Canada has pretty neat carry on allowance too, without a weight limit.
Say you are coming for a weekend to enjoy the famous Belgian beers, and going back with a strange weird bag with some hoses and stuff attached :wink:

Not suggesting anything of course, but you can get flights Canada (well ok, depending on which side you are on...)-Brussels for a few hundred, sometimes even as low as 300-400 if off season...Revo offices are about 2h+ away by train or 1h+ if driving from Brussels....And Air Canada has pretty neat carry on allowance too, without a weight limit.
Say you are coming for a weekend to enjoy the famous Belgian beers, and going back with a strange weird bag with some hoses and stuff attached :wink:

Don't do that. Anytime you skirt the customs, you're setting yourself up for unnecessary inquiries and a potential liability.

It costs ~300 EUR to ship a rEvo from Belgium to North America. Import duties depend on the item category and an associated fee schedule. The fee schedule depends on various factors. The OP's goal is to talk with a custom broker and get the lowest fee.

Btw, this is the US fee schedule for rebreathers. The three columns on the right indicate the tarriffs. According to the table, US rEvo importers may face 27.5% but that is usually not the case with individuals buying rEvos for personal use. So yeah, the fee schedule may be frightening at first.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 9.55.27 AM.png

Don't do that. Anytime you skirt the customs, you're setting yourself up for unnecessary inquiries and a potential liability.
The CAN customs penalty for willful failure to declare is 50% of item's value. That's in addition to the original duty. If the OP to taking this approach, at the very least stay and dive in Europe for a week+.

My buddy and I ordered 2 micros
Petrel 3 RMS controller + NERD 2 Hardwired Backup and the stand.
June 6th is the shipping date.
Figuring out timing for MOD1 training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom