Review: Bare Trilam ATR HD w/Trek boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dryglove

Contributor
Reaction score
Well this is my second Bare drysuit.My first was nex-gen drysuit.I have nothing but good things to say about it being a good beginning low dollar drysuit.Worth every penny if you ask me.

My new trilam hd is built extremely well.I opted to get the optional neoprene sock with trek boots.If you ask me the trek boot option is the only way to go.

I was rather weary of a neoprene neck seal at first but rather liked it after i dived the suit.It was very comfy and unrestrictive.I would actually prefer a neoprene neckseal over a latex neck seal especially for cold water.I guess as long as it doesnt choke you out and doesnt leak thats what matters the most.

I wear a bare cf-200 undergarment and experienced no problems with this setup.The suit was easy to get on and off.The thick wrist seals were a pain at first.Nothing some KY jelly couldnt fix.I was able to move easily and felt unrestrictive.

The suit comes with a decent sized velcro pocket on the right leg leg.It isnt a huge pocket but good enough for me to put some goodies in.I was glad to see i received at least one decent pocket unlike the Bare XCD2 which has two worthless pockets from what i understand.

The inflation and exhaust valves seem well placed and never had a problem adding or exhausting air.

The one thing i dont care for and could do with out is the Lower leg anti-inflation gaiters with flex panels and zippers.I really dont see a need for this as it doesnt fit tightly around my calf like the halcyon ones do.I guess it does limit some air from the lower leg area but i just use enough air to eliminate squeeze so i have no need for this.

My suit came with a nice flanged LP hose,a detailed instruction booklet,a bag of talc powder,and zipper wax.The suit comes with some decent sized kevlar knee pads.Too bad they didnt put on some kevlar elbow pads to match.I dont think i have any worry of puncturing it anyhow as this is some tough material.

I topped it off with the addition of a halcyon p-valve.Now i can drink and pee all i want.Oh what a feeling!!

Overall i think this suit gives some of the higher end suits such as DUI a run for there money.I am very happy with the purchase of this suit especially when you cosider how much i saved over a dui clx450 or even a self entry TLS 350 suit.

Happy diving all and be safe!!

I am interested in the Bare Next Gen dry suit myself. Can you tell me more about it? What type of diving do you do, why you changed to the ATR? I am comparing the Next Gen to the D7 I'm not sure which one I want .

lal7176 once bubbled...
I am very happy with the purchase of this suit especially when you cosider how much i saved over a dui clx450..........

Well................???????
how much did you save?????????

taat2d,
I bought my wife a CLx450, I bought myself a used D7Supra (e-bay). I planned on it holding me over til I could buy another CLx450 for myself.
The more I dive the D7, the more I like it!!! The only disadvantage so far, is gearing up on a hot day and finding out my wife isn't quite ready!! :eek: It doesn't take long to overheat!! But this suit is toasty warm in the water!!

There still may be a shell suit in my future, and I'm not sure what brand yet.

:)

I wanna go dry cuz I can't stand how tight and confining my 7mm farmer is.

Tavi,
I just got my new Bare Xreme drysuit today..low cost (450) and it looks like a great suit...just thought you might be interested.. I'm sure that these are older/discontinued suits, but the price is right, comes with 1 yr. warranty, oh yeah, did I mention the price is right !! :):)

I picked up my ATR and trek boots for 1300.00.As far as my nex-gen.I got into a money bind a sold it.It is a great suit.My only complaint is that its a little baggy around the waist and legs.Not bad though. My original plan was to buy another nex-gen but opted to go with a more heavy duty self entry suit.

Question about this suit:

People seem to joke about the looks of this suit. I haven't seen one personally other that pictures and am curious what's so funny looking about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom