Reverse Profile Stream BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi.

Two questions re your reverse profile Stream BP, which I am inches away from buying:

1. Would wings with built-in tank stabilizing bars create a problem with these BP's? I am here looking at my my old-style OMS 32# wing, which has 4 built-in stabilizing bars, and somehow it seems that this would create a problem with this BP. It seems that the reverse angled portions of your BP would push right up against the stabilizing bars, making for an unstable tank mounting situation. Is this the case? I know Golem single tank wings have built-in stabilizing bars, so actually I am hoping that I am wrong here.

2. If need be, can one actually use a separate single tank adapter with your reverse profile stream BP? The 'need' would be if someone short, like myself, eventually decides he wants the tank mounted further from his body so that his 1st stage is not banging into the back of his head--an STA moves the tank off my back a bit. I have been diving BP/wing rigs for years, but have always used an STA. I am now wishing to lose the STA, as my diving is becoming more and more mainly trips to tropical or Mediterranean destinations, so I want to lighten the load.

An aside comment: Your wings look fabulous! The most durable on the market by far. I would have bought an entire setup BEFORE even asking you a question had you made a wing with 25# lift, or even 30# lift. Your smallest wing is 35#, and I am looking to wean off my 40# Halcyon Eclipse (my 32# OMS is new/never wet--bought it a long time ago and am looking possibly to sell it and buy another wing--maybe a 25# wing, and one with a nylon inner bladder; this old-style OMS 32# wing has a rubber inner bladder). I would like to lose at least 10# of lift, and ideally 15#. How about making a smaller wing??

Last edited:
Hi.

Two questions re your reverse profile Stream BP, which I am inches away from buying:

1. Would wings with built-in tank stabilizing bars create a problem with these BP's? I am here looking at my my old-style OMS 32# wing, which has 4 built-in stabilizing bars, and somehow it seems that this would create a problem with this BP. It seems that the reverse angled portions of your BP would push right up against the stabilizing bars, making for an unstable tank mounting situation. Is this the case? I know Golem single tank wings have built-in stabilizing bars, so actually I am hoping that I am wrong here.

2. If need be, can one actually use a separate single tank adapter with your reverse profile stream BP? The 'need' would be if someone short, like myself, eventually decides he wants the tank mounted further from his body so that his 1st stage is not banging into the back of his head--an STA moves the tank off my back a bit. I have been diving BP/wing rigs for years, but have always used an STA. I am now wishing to lose the STA, as my diving is becoming more and more mainly trips to tropical or Mediterranean destinations, so I want to lighten the load.

An aside comment: Your wings look fabulous! The most durable on the market by far. I would have bought an entire setup BEFORE even asking you a question had you made a wing with 25# lift, or even 30# lift. Your smallest wing is 35#, and I am looking to wean off my 40# Halcyon Eclipse (my 32# OMS is new/never wet--bought it a long time ago and am looking possibly to sell it and buy another wing--maybe a 25# wing, and one with a nylon inner bladder; this old-style OMS 32# wing has a rubber inner bladder). I would like to lose at least 10# of lift, and ideally 15#. How about making a smaller wing??

No response from Golem here. Emailed the company directly and never received a reply. Does this company actually exist?

Hi,

I have responded to your email. Check your spam filters please.

Answers:
1. Yes some stabilising bars could make it harder to fit the bottle into the channel.

2. You could mount the STa there. You would just position the tanks such that the 1st stage fits behind your neck - no banging.

Hi,

I have responded to your email. Check your spam filters please.

Answers:
1. Yes some stabilising bars could make it harder to fit the bottle into the channel.

2. You could mount the STa there. You would just position the tanks such that the 1st stage fits behind your neck - no banging.

Not sure what to make of your reply. Spam filter--that's a good one, though not exactly as innovative as I hope your dive gear might be. I NEVER delete a spam item without making sure I know who sent it to me. Again, nice try, but primitive nonetheless.

As for your substantive replies to my questions: 1. I take it I am correct. No worries, as I would cut out built-in tank stabilizing bars on my wing because your BP should be FAR MORE STABLE than any wing's built-in stabilizing bars. 2. I've no idea what you're talking about. Perhaps you are very busy responding to the great many emails you allowed to build up during your recent disappearance from the face of the earth.

As I stated in a different reply, I would LOVE to buy your reverse profile stream BP, but NOT FOR A PENNY MORE THAN $150 shipped. If this is unacceptable to you, then I will simply do what I had already done prior to receiving your MUCH BELATED REPLY--forget about you all over again.

take a pill dude, his response makes perfect sense and its a holiday week/weekend, some people aren't chained to their email and actually enjoy spending time with family and friends

take a pill dude, his response makes perfect sense and its a holiday week/weekend, some people aren't chained to their email and actually enjoy spending time with family and friends

His reply to my second question is not exactly clear. I asked about the STA because it eliminates head-banging-the-first-stage by moving the tank further from the body, so no need to reposition the tank lower down (which creates other problems, like trying to arch your back when swimming horizontally). "Maybe" he means that, while I could mount an STA on that BP, I could do without it by simply mounting the tank lower? "Maybe" I'm missing the point? Or "maybe" he's just too busy spending quality time with family and friends to be clear?

Another question I would wish to ask is about the finishing on the BP--does it come with raw edges (like the travel STA I bought from Oxycheq, who told me to file down the edges myself) or is it well finished. But I'm guessing that my spam filter would leave me without a reply for a real long time.

Yes, think I'll take a pill, one that helps me to forget about even thinking about spending $150 for this BP. Seems my spam filter just won't allow me to do business with Golem.

Oh, one other side note: There is another strategy for responding to emails belatedly because you were busy spending quality time with family and friends. That strategy is to apologize and then simply tell truth--you know, something like: "Sorry for the belated reply. I have been very busy with demo days around the country and then the holidays." Or some such thing. Any such thing is better than telling me to check my spam filter--better, that is, if he wants my business. I would guess from his chosen response style--to tell me to check my spam filter--that he is the type who would be very eager to tell me that he could care less about having my business.

mahjong. Thanks for your courteous and respectful response.

The BP is well finished.

I'd prefer you take your business elsewhere, though, as your attitude guarantees that you will be unhappy customer no matter what we do.

respectfully your Golem Gear shopkeeper.

mahjong. Thanks for your courteous and respectful response.

The BP is well finished.

I'd prefer you take your business elsewhere, though, as your attitude guarantees that you will be unhappy customer no matter what we do.

respectfully your Golem Gear shopkeeper.

Dear Respectful Golem Gear Shopkeeper,

I think above I predicted that this is exactly what you would say, no? You don't have to be a poker genious to have predicted that you would play that card (fortunately for me, as I am not a poker genious). But you could have been less predictable, I suppose--but then you did say 'check your spam filter'--so maybe it's not so surprising that you were so predictable. And since you are after all in business (for now), the "respectful" rhetoric was also a prudent touch (especially given the need to paper over your remarkably disrespectful--more to yourself than to me--move to tell me to check my spam filter; this insults your own intelligence far more than I can imagine you could possibly deserve--should we simply call it a holiday lapse, you know, too much--or perhaps too little--eggnog?).

FYI, I am never an unhappy customer, and this is because I do my best to make sure I know what I am buying and from whom I am buying it (ie, I ask questions and evaluate the response and the overall communication experience--that's why you're here, no?), before I buy it. I don't put my 'faith' in anyone else to do right by me. For this reason, I have no problem whatsoever taking it on the chin and blaming myself if and when I might make a mistake. With the Oxy Travel STA, for example, I went out and bought a file and filed down the raw sharp edges myself--and that was the end of it (when I could have returned the STA; maybe I should have returned it, as my tank paint is full of slices because my filing job was only so so). In your case, you would have been 100% safe from my "attitude" were I to buy something from Golem. After receiving a much belated reply from you (when, after a long silence, you all of a sudden were replying to everyone) and then in that reply being told to check my spam filter (I cannot get over this), and when the substance of your reply was quick and cursory at best, if I were to buy anything from you and then be less than entirely pleased with some aspect of my purchase, I would have no one to blame but myself--and I would blame myself.

Good luck to you, respectful Golem Gear Shopkeeper.

Respectfully yours,

mahjong

Ps, You've a few supporters here; I'm guessing the number of $$ they've spent on Golem Gear might exceed their IQ's. For some, the investment of $$ is tantamount to a religious conversion, and they lie in wait for all opportunities zealously to defend against actual or perceived challenges to that in which they have cast their lot. Hope there are enough of these to keep you buoyant in these difficult economic times.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom