rethinking spring strap blocks for jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

el-ninio, do you have a pic of the spring attached to the buckle without the block? The reason i ask is I want to see how you are attaching the spring.

Bob3 once bubbled...
We used to use a cut up hockey puck instead of delrin.

el-ninio, how many ice skating rinks are there in Jerusalem?
:tease:

but there is this rolerblade skating ring.

we get snow every 3-4 years here, and it rains about 30-40 days every year - very good for bicycles, not so hot for skiing or ice skating...

but then again, I may be able to use some a cut-up bicycle tayer...
:)

Why bother with blocks in the first place?

For $0 I just hook my springs right on the buckle.

-Klaus

I've been diving with this setup, and it works great. I do have minor improvment on the original desighn: you really don't need need the two scrows - if the size is right, there is *no* way the blocks will slip off. this is due to the bar which prevent the blocks from moving out of the rubber "ear". without the scrows the block looks even more elegant - it's just plain black :wink:

ANSWER to klausbn:

if you don't add blocks, you increase the chances of a line getting stuck on the spring loop (someone called this a "line magnet"), and you lose most of the cookness of the setup, wich is a segnificant part of the fun :D

While most folks don't have to worry about trapping cave line in their fins... you might want to try and floss your spring blocks with some just for fun.

I have a hunch that without the screws closing the kerf in the block, line could find its way in there and potentially get trapped between spring coils.

Just a thought.

Just wanted to say "thank you" to all of you who have been sharing his/her ideas/experience here. It helped us to have a great week of diving - I replaced the original rubber straps on SJ of my wife's and mine and, even though, I’m not 100% satisfied with what I’ve done - I’m definitely satisfied with the achieved results.

M_B

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom