Restaurant Houston Airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Visiting the Marriott is a great idea if you have the time. Of course with security and distance a traveler really should have a few hours at least. But, if you can it is a very nice place to wait it out as there is a very nice restaurant, comfortable seating arrangements and it is quiet. After the hustle and bustle of the airplane ride and the airport having a quiet break is a treat ! Also, for those traveling through IAH, if you ever end up with an over night layover, or would like to build one into your trip itinerary for grins and giggles, do try out the Marriott breakfast buffet. Michael and I have now twice sampled the breakfast there and it was awesome !

I'll have to make sure and check who is flying through IAH on June 10th. Maybe we can meetup prior to departure. Grab a drink and maybe share a ride once we get to Coz. Well since our flight leaves at noon, a drink might not be in order.

Well, if your not diving later, and you get a drink before your noon flight, you will be in the clear as it will be 5 o' clock somewhere else ? Plus, a screwdriver does have orange juice in it... so it is a breakfast drink ...??? :D

Last edited:
Well, if your not diving later, and you get a drink before your noon flight, you will be in the clear as it will be 5 o' clock somewhere else ? Plus, a screwdriver does have orange juice in it... so it is a breakfast drink ...??? :D
Please don't forget the Bloody Mary and its variations. The only time I ever drink these, since I otherwise detest tomato juice, is before a morning flight. Get it extra spicy to prepare your tastebuds for a week of Mexican food.

Being a Texan (born and raised) I am completely acclimated to the spice. In fact the food in cozumel is completely different than Tex Mex. Not better or worse, just different.

Mossman- I completely forgot about the beloved Bloody Mary..yes tomato juice does qualify as a breakfast beverage, plus, there is the bonus of adding vegetables for a balanced daily diet...:snicker:

Aggiebq86- You are so right about the difference between Tex-Mex and what there is in Cozumel . For me, as a born and bred yankee with not only the tolerance of a newt for spice, but also an allergy to anything with the kick of capsaicin, I must say I really look forward to my trips to Cozumel. I wish I could dive right into TEX MEX, or even local Mexican cuisine for that matter, but I think I am a hopeless case. (I can't even get too close to the Poblano or Cayene pepper section at the grocery store ...:shakehead:) Have a wonderful time in June !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom