Restaurant Houston Airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's that?

It is a special expedited entry program that enables those who have clearance to bypass the long immigration lines at certain points of entry. IAH is one of them. There is an application and fee, plus, an interview in Houston.

https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/

It is a special expedited entry program that enables those who have clearance to bypass the long immigration lines at certain points of entry. IAH is one of them. There is an application and fee, plus, an interview in Houston.

OK, I went to the site and looked at the FAQ, etc. It tells how to pay the fee, who to pay the fee, where to pay the fee, what to do if the fee payment doesn't go through... Nowhere does it say how much the fee IS. :idk:

OK, I went to the site and looked at the FAQ, etc. It tells how to pay the fee, who to pay the fee, where to pay the fee, what to do if the fee payment doesn't go through... Nowhere does it say how much the fee IS. :idk:

Michael and I paid $100.00 two years ago...I will find out more info.

I filled out the application and payed the $100. fee online. I think the amount is stated on the application. Took about a week and they sent me an email asking to schedule an in person interview. It is well worth the fee. It makes a short connection possible. In Atlanta, I made it thru immigrations and customs in under 25 min min (including baggage) and I made (55 min connection)it to the gate with time to spare. Traveling solo most of the time, it not fun sitting in an airport restaurant or lounge for hours at a time waiting to get home.

What is Global Entry?
Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. Though intended for frequent international travelers, there is no minimum number of trips necessary to qualify for the program. Participants may enter the United States by using automated kiosks located at select airports.

Was $100.00 2 years ago-VERY well worth it

Bypass long immigration lines via use of Kiosks, then bypass customs line via a special line. Get through Domestic security and on to your gate. Michael and I told the rep at security once that we had a immediate connecting flight. She looked at our boarding pass and put us through. However, my guess, they don't have to if they don't want to. :)

The GOES clearance does come in handy for that 58 min. layover. Have used it a few times, good for five years.

SHHHHHH! Don't tell them about GOES! We want to keep it a secret or the line at the kiosks will be longer than the usual one.

:wink:

SHHHHHH! Don't tell them about GOES! We want to keep it a secret or the line at the kiosks will be longer than the usual one.

:wink:

:idk: I only told two friends ...! :blinking: OK, there is a downside to the GOES @ IAH. After getting off the plane, and making that hike to immigration, there is really no time to catch your breath as you speed through the GOES Kiosk. Then the time fly's as you walk right on through customs, security and on to your next departure gate. WHEW !

Thanks, everyone. Obviously there is consensus, but I'll take all of these suggestions and will let our appetites decide when we get there. Much appreciated!

And you are right, Gordon, we had to choose between about an hour layover or five. No way I'm chancing one hour. We've gone from completely relaxed, just-spent-10-days-in-Cozumel attitude to might-as-well-be-at-work in IAH. And that has been typical, so we opted for boredom and can still be home around midnight with the next day off.
We ate in the Marriott once when we had lots of time to kill and I was feeling like a steak - you can get there via a long walk in an underground tunnel, but it's outside security - didn't think it was worth leaving the extra hassle.

Pappadeaux is our usual haunt as well. Decent burgers, martinis, redfish, shrimp salads, it's hard to go wrong. Didn't care for either of the Bubba's locations and the Fox Sports Sky Box was lousy. On our June trip we have 3 hours to kill and we're flying out of the A terminal so we'll probably eat at Fuddrucker's instead, which supposedly has a full bar at that location.

Harlon's BBQ is OK, but you have to sit in one of the often crowded and often dirty food courts. There's a sit-down Ruby's right after you emerge from customs/immigration and they have good burgers.

Also, IIRC, you can get margaritas at the Pappasitos Mexican in the E-terminal that you can drink off-premises, i.e. while waiting at the gate for your flight to board.

if you are coming in on an international flight then you have to go through security once you clear customs so its not a big deal-clear before or after you eat. The train goes there so no need to walk. Its just a nice option if you have lots of time. Nice view in the revolving resturant. This is regarding the Marriott resturant.

I'll have to make sure and check who is flying through IAH on June 10th. Maybe we can meetup prior to departure. Grab a drink and maybe share a ride once we get to Coz. Well since our flight leaves at noon, a drink might not be in order.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom