Restaurant Houston Airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try Papas BBQ we usually stop there going home.

It's served fast food style in the airport but they have a chain of BBQ's in and around Houston that are considered pretty good. Sandwich's and BBQ plates . It's located around E14 next to a Wendys and Starbucks.

Great back home meal, cheap and fast.
I think what the OP is looking for is a leisurely meal to kill a big part of a long layover. Pappadeaux is good for that; they won't give you the bum's rush and it is removed from the mad pace of the airport concourse.

How about Papas BBQ first for a little bit of TEXAS. It may not be THE greatest TEXAS BBQ, but, it is BBQ never the less and may be better than what you could get up north. (And that is an opinion from a yankee :) !! ) Then head on up to Pappadeaux to try a little Cajun fare as well. Perhaps luck will be that a table at the railing would be available as it is a neat spot to people watch and pass some time. Safe Journey's !!

Last edited:
I think what the OP is looking for is a leisurely meal to kill a big part of a long layover. Pappadeaux is good for that; they won't give you the bum's rush and it is removed from the mad pace of the airport concourse.

I have to agree with all the others that said Papadeaux. It's always nice to go there on a long layover because after all the airport rush, it has the nice feel of a regular restaurant. It's almost like not being at the airport at all. Having a chance to unwind a little is always a good thing before dealing with Cozumel customs and racing to the hotel! :D

I have to agree with all the others that said Papadeaux. It's always nice to go there on a long layover because after all the airport rush, it has the nice feel of a regular restaurant. It's almost like not being at the airport at all. Having a chance to unwind a little is always a good thing before dealing with Cozumel customs and racing to the hotel! :D
I do that on the way home. I usually have a choice between a 58 minute layover and a 3 1/2 hour one before my flight to Austin. The only way the 58 minute one can work is if conditions are ideal, and conditions are never ideal. So it's up to Pappadeaux for a nice meal and a couple of glasses (in real glass glasses) of a decent red before the trip home.

Thanks, everyone. Obviously there is consensus, but I'll take all of these suggestions and will let our appetites decide when we get there. Much appreciated!

And you are right, Gordon, we had to choose between about an hour layover or five. No way I'm chancing one hour. We've gone from completely relaxed, just-spent-10-days-in-Cozumel attitude to might-as-well-be-at-work in IAH. And that has been typical, so we opted for boredom and can still be home around midnight with the next day off.

Thanks, everyone. Obviously there is consensus, but I'll take all of these suggestions and will let our appetites decide when we get there. Much appreciated!

And you are right, Gordon, we had to choose between about an hour layover or five. No way I'm chancing one hour. We've gone from completely relaxed, just-spent-10-days-in-Cozumel attitude to might-as-well-be-at-work in IAH. And that has been typical, so we opted for boredom and can still be home around midnight with the next day off.
Except that this year, I've had no choice but to schedule the 58 minute layover on the way back because I am flying on OnePass miles and that was the only flight available for "free", though they have assured me that they will place me on the next flight if I don't make the connection. My wife, who is traveling with me on CC miles, is scheduled on the later flight. I won't be busting my hump trying to make the early flight.

The GOES clearance does come in handy for that 58 min. layover. Have used it a few times, good for five years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom