Restaurant Houston Airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrewingDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So our May trip to Coz will leave us with something like a 5 hour layover in Houston (IAH) on the return home. We have been thru this airport the previous 3 trips in a row and we know how anything under at least two hours will leave us pretty stressed waiting in the incredibly long lines for customs/integration and security (in all fairness to the officials, they move people thru very quickly, but the number of travellers each time we've been there has been staggering so the lines are long).

Instead we will have too much time if everything goes as planned. We would like to pass some of the time eating dinner and are looking for recommendations. Being from the North, we can't get real BBQ so that would be the first preference if that's even possible in the airport.

Your experienced opinions on dinner (and maybe other entertainment) at the airport will be appreciated.

Harlon's in the airport is OK. Not the best in Houston, but it's the best in the airport.

IMO, the best restaurant in the Houston airport is Pappadeaux. It's upstairs overlooking the end of terminal E. It has a good wine list and a variety of really good seafood. It's a great place to spend a layover;

I second Pappadeaux!! Great way to pass the time and fill the gullet!

+1 on Papadeaux, I've spent many an hour there when flying to/from work. Decent airport food, however the last time I was there they had run out of burgers. :shocked2: It's also just enough out of the way that it's never really been slammed when I've been there.

I am also a big fan of Pappadeaux. The lobster bisque is a favourite. Not sure about BBQ, as I always look forward to the Pappadeaux experience.

One more for Pappadeux. Although we have one here, my group has eaten there on our way somewhere. fyi, it's Cajun.

Last edited:
another option is CK's on top of the Marriott Hotel. Since you have to renter security once you clear customs you can just walk out into arrivals-go down and hop the train to the Marriott and take the elevator to the top. Great view and very good food though its not cheap. Once dinner is over go back to your departure terminal and clear security.

Try Papas BBQ we usually stop there going home.

It's served fast food style in the airport but they have a chain of BBQ's in and around Houston that are considered pretty good. Sandwich's and BBQ plates . It's located around E14 next to a Wendys and Starbucks.

Great back home meal, cheap and fast.

Back
Top Bottom