Restaurant Finds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

La Conchita del Caribe on Avenida 65 Sur between Calle 13 & 15. Taxi driver recommended this place & I had an excellent lobster dinner there recently.
We eat dinner there two nights ago. Two in party of 4 got the trots. Mine was way too salty to almost uneatable.

Tzalam is taqueria (with booze!) that opened up a few months ago. Friends love it and the food I had was really good . It’s on 30 at Salas next to Dominos. Broad menu, good food, good prices. It is kind of well decorated (for a taqueria ) like it is targeting ex-pats but prices are basically local prices . Not certain what their business model but with good food at good price I am going to try not to overthink it. They have pizza also.

Unfortunately looks like they use Facebook primarily, but here is a link

[https://m.facebook.com/tzalamcozumel]

We eat dinner there two nights ago. Two in party of 4 got the trots. Mine was way too salty to almost uneatable.
The last time I can remember hearing someone refer to diarrhea as "the trots" it was my great aunt who said it over 60 years ago. :D

Two questions:
Mingo's sounds really good, and exactly what I'd like to eat. Unfortunately, my wife has taken to not eating meat. Does Mingo's have much for vegetarians?
Also, some of these places sound aimed at tourists. What in Cozumel is the equivalent of Taqeueria Honorio in Tulum? In other words, a place where the locals eat, and it doesn't cater to tourists at all (although it will feed them).
Mingos is around the corner from us. It is typical Americano food. I have NEVER seen locals there. Hamburger and steak. My husband accidentally ordered a tuna steak last week and it was very good. About the only vegetarian thing is salad

Mingo's, it's newer restaurant that is by reservation only. Great steaks and high end hamburgers. Very nice decore, one of the best places I have been to in years.
Kind of funky, it has no signage or advertising. On the corner of 10th av and Calle 9 is a new high end condo building Mingo's is on 9th between 10 ,& 15 av, adjacent to the condo tower. We made reservations the day prior and put in a shopping order for which steaks we wanted. They were excellent.View attachment 785788
It isn't by reservation only if you just order basic stuff. We have walked in many times on a whim.

The last time I can remember hearing someone refer to diarrhea as "the trots" it was my great aunt who said it over 60 years ago. :D
Weird. It's used in my family all the time. Never really thought about it before now. 🤷‍♂️

Weird. It's used in my family all the time. Never really thought about it before now. 🤷‍♂️
FWIW, the best meal my wife and I had during our two week visit to the island last April was at La Conchita del Caribe; it was our first time to that restaurant and neither of us suffered any ill effects from it. Also FWIW, people often blame they last place they remember eating when they have gastric distress, but it isn't necessarily the cause of it.

FWIW, the best meal my wife and I had during our two week visit to the island last April was at La Conchita del Caribe; it was our first time to that restaurant and neither of us suffered any ill effects from it. Also FWIW, people often blame they last place they remember eating when they have gastric distress, but it isn't necessarily the cause of it.
They are a gem that not many tourists go to since they are back on 65 and not open late.

Back
Top Bottom