Restaurant Finds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two questions:
Mingo's sounds really good, and exactly what I'd like to eat. Unfortunately, my wife has taken to not eating meat. Does Mingo's have much for vegetarians?
Also, some of these places sound aimed at tourists. What in Cozumel is the equivalent of Taqeueria Honorio in Tulum? In other words, a place where the locals eat, and it doesn't cater to tourists at all (although it will feed them).

What's wrong with that? We are all tourists; tourists are the lifeblood of the Cozumel economy.
I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. But there's also something to be said for eating authentic food, even though the facility may be pretty plebeian. You eat at your spiffy restaurant, I'll find a street cart where workers are lining up.

Sone street cart food can be delicious, but consider,“the locals” may be making culinary choices based solely upon price, not so much epicurean taste…😎

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. But there's also something to be said for eating authentic food, even though the facility may be pretty plebeian. You eat at your spiffy restaurant, I'll find a street cart where workers are lining up.
There is nothing especially "spiffy" about La Perlita or El Moro. :D

Two questions:
Mingo's sounds really good, and exactly what I'd like to eat. Unfortunately, my wife has taken to not eating meat. Does Mingo's have much for vegetarians?
Also, some of these places sound aimed at tourists. What in Cozumel is the equivalent of Taqeueria Honorio in Tulum? In other words, a place where the locals eat, and it doesn't cater to tourists at all (although it will feed them).
Mister Taco on Juarez is probably 80 percent local 20 percent ex-pat/tourist if you count take out (there is almost always a line of locals picking up takeout). It is about a block past Ave 55 on south side of the road (I forget the next cross street outside of 55, not all of them connect to Juarez as I recall ). You wanted local places , but most local places are not vegetarian friendly . Didn’t see anything on menu for your wife .

You might try Tacotales —more of an expat place. Prices a little higher than Mister Taco but Tacotales has a full bar

In other words, a place where the locals eat, and it doesn't cater to tourists at all (although it will feed them).
Chilangos Taqueria, Ave. 30 (Coldwell) & Calle 3 Sur, very good and cheap CHILANGOS TAQUERIA, Cozumel - Restaurant Reviews, Photos & Phone Number - Tripadvisor (not to be confused with a different Chilangos restaurant that I have not tried yet). Really more known for huaraches -- good food and great prices.

Los Seras is on 30th Ave between Calle 3 & 5. Lots of different Tacos and Tortas.

Las Palmas 25 Ave. & Calle 3 Sur. Full menu, not just tacos, but mostly locals there -- good food and good prices, especially the lunch specials.

Breakfast, the Restaurant at the museum always served a nice breakfast / brunch. I seemed to remember that it closed and there is no longer a restaurant there. Does anyone know where it relocated to?

Back
Top Bottom