Restaurant Finds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's "Cielito Lindo". Great place to get chamorro every day or chiles en nogada year-round.
I guess they are listed as both Cielito Grill and Cielito Lindo. Here's the sign, in case that helps someone find it.

5F219239-AC3D-4CC1-8308-17F2AA95D844_1_105_c.jpeg

Mingo's, it's newer restaurant that is by reservation only. Great steaks and high end hamburgers. Very nice decore, one of the best places I have been to in years.
Kind of funky, it has no signage or advertising. On the corner of 10th av and Calle 9 is a new high end condo building Mingo's is on 9th between 10 ,& 15 av, adjacent to the condo tower. We made reservations the day prior and put in a shopping order for which steaks we wanted. They were excellent.View attachment 785788
Finally made it to Mingos last night. In addition to the good reviews on the board some of my ex-pat friends love it. Really good steaks. Restaurant is a pretty good value (not cheap in absolute terms relative to a taco place ), but good value for people that want quality beef. I think I had a 10oz filet for $500 pesos . Good food good service.

Finally made it to Mingos last night. In addition to the good reviews on the board some of my ex-pat friends love it. Really good steaks. Restaurant is a pretty good value (not cheap in absolute terms relative to a taco place ), but good value for people that want quality beef. I think I had a 10oz filet for $500 pesos . Good food good service.

Did you get the chance to have a chat with the owner, Domingo?

I
Did you get the chance to have a chat with the owner, Domingo?
I assume it was the owner who took our order. We spoke on and off through the meal. He seemed friendly but we didn’t really chat much. I was with a few island friends and we were busy catching up amongst ourselves.

EDIT: I think you said you frequently have the hamburgers there. The table next to us was having them. They look really good (and BIG!).

My local friend, Josefina, took us to a Oaxacan food restaurant on Salas near 15 (?). Excellent mole. They also have a pool table that is comically uneven, but fun to play.

My local friend, Josefina, took us to a Oaxacan food restaurant on Salas near 15 (?). Excellent mole. They also have a pool table that is comically uneven, but fun to play.
Do you recall the name? I love a good molé sauce.

Dont have name but its on same block as dori drugstore just two or three doors down toward mercado

The Oaxacan place is called Rusti.co and is on Salas between 15 & 20.

For those that like Indian food . I had a good lunch today at Taj, which is just off Melgar in front of Chedraui. The owner used to operate Bombay Delights but they closed it and moved to new space with new name . I have been getting home delivery from the owner for years , but decided to visit the new space which is pretty nice and quite convenient.

[Taj Palace Bar and Grill]

Back
Top Bottom