Resort's " New Normal " Rule - No AIR 2 or diving your long hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All my reg sets are long hose. Does this mean that I have to but new regs to be a resort d

That is silly. Just shorten the hoses. But use sharp utensils or the hoses will fray like nobody's business.

All my reg sets are long hose. Does this mean that I have to buy new regs to be a resort diver.
No. But I doubt this is a real question.

Additional edit to this thread:
Would you not go diving at this resort because of this new rule? ( I have decided to not mention the specific dive resort. )
Please stay on topic. This tread is not about which gear configuration you like or don't like.

I would cancel my trip with a resort that imposed that on their divers. Personally I do a full dive on my secondary around every 15 - 20 dives. Why? I want to make sure it is in good operational condition.
I have seen divers pass their secondary only to have it fail. "But it purged OK on the surface"

If I am renting regs I will often use the secondary as it will be the cleaner of the regs. Anyway I am diving in Taiwan where the virus is now non existent. Taiwan has not have any new cases for over 15 days now and I have a dive trip planned to Green Island mid June. There have been no lock downs in Taiwan fortunately.

I think you are mistaken. Air 2's and similar devices are rather common in many recreational settings. Perhaps you are unaware of that situation. A good percentage of people who use scuba Pro Bc's use them - based on my causal observations.

I have a Scuba Pro Black and I do not use one. Neither do any of the other divers I know with Scuba Pro use them for recreational dives. Perhaps common where you are but not where I dive?

This is how buddy checks will not be done

I’ve never seen an air2 inflator regulator in my time diving in Asia. I have seen some (Americans) besides myself using bungeed backup regulators but very few others. In general owning your own equipment is done by only a vast minority from what I’ve seen.

I'm confused by this post.

First, if your SPG erupted, why did you replace your AIR2?
I bought a new buoyancy device. My rig had a dedicated secondary and I started to carry a side-slung pony. No requirement for an AIR2 type inflator.
Second, why didn't you replace your ignorant dive buddy before anything else?
They were a shuttle insta-buddy.

I’ve never seen an air2 inflator regulator in my time diving in Asia. I have seen some (Americans) besides myself using bungeed backup regulators but very few others. In general owning your own equipment is done by only a vast minority from what I’ve seen.

I've only seen them a few times in Asia from visiting divers from other regions.

Guys. It’s irrelevant if you like Air 2’s or not. The question is whether primary donate poses enough of a general risk to divers for dive ops to mandate gear configurations. As pointed out by many, and in my opinion, the answer is no. It IS a suitable question between buddies.

Perhaps the "issue" with dive resorts is because they need to reopen and they want guests to come. However, they fear that divers won't come if the op can't convince the potential guests that every measure is being taken. Or something to that effect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom